Need a 24" flattop

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Gus556, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Gus556

Gus556 New Member

Okay, lets ask you guys as I love seeing what people like.

I am about to buy a new upper for my AR.
    I want a 24" Stainless Steel free floated barrel. A-3 Flattop (I dont need the bolt carrier group nor the charging handle but if it comes with one, I can always use it).
    $500 or less is the pre-req. (wifes rule....SHE just bought an M-1 Carbine taking away from my AR fund).

So, what should I get and where should I get it from?

2. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

3. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

I've heard good things about these:
    J & T Distrib. AR15 24" upper
    Specially in the 1:8 twist. Unless you are thinking of shooting lighter grain varmint rounds, then go for the slower 1:10 twist. But the barrels are offered from ER Shaw, and be had plain bull or fluted, ported or not. And starting at $399.99, gives you a little to spare for other options. J & T is the parts side of DoubleStar AR's, they are the same company.

Another good option is Model 1 Sales:
    Model1 Sales 24" Upper
    This one starts at $460, so still a little left for options, and they do offer some also.

And one more, but you'll have to add to your minimum price a bit.
    Midway USA DPMS 24" Bull Barrel upper
    They are priced at $564, come in 1:8 twist, stainless bull barrel, w/ free float tube handguard.

Hope that helps.

Slo

4. Gus556

Gus556 New Member

Pondering...........

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

To bad your not closer I have a Rock River that is just what your looking for. It`s alot heaver than I want, but I do have 3 RR uppers and they are all tack drivers. You can`t go wrong with RR.