Neat one-handed cocking pistol

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Gizord1, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

So I won't go into the details of this neat gun, but this is a Lignose Einhand (one hand) .25 caliber handgun.
    (Note that I don't own this, I got the image online).

The gun was made in the very early 1900s.
    It has a cocking spur in the front of the trigger guard.
    It is meant to be cocked and fired with one hand.
    You would use your trigger finger and middle finger to cock the spur, which racks the slide with it.
    It's a pretty neat design. It would be cool for such a design, today, but it would require a LOT of strength.

Attached Files:

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Back in the 70's there was a company that made a unique holser for the 1911. It grasped the slide firmly. You could carry the gun with an empty chamber. to draw, you pushed downand pulled the pistol out chambering a round.

3. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

That sounds pretty cool. Was there a particular reason it didn't catch on?

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It went against the way the 1911 was designed to be carried (would be my guess).

Cocked and locked.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Plus the designer most likely shot himself in the leg several times while trying to perfect it :p

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I believe one of the foreign special forces groups still uses something similar. Wish I could remember which one. Lol

Their are a few manufactures that make replacement back plates that have a spur for this. Much safer design.
    The truth of the matter is you just need a good carry belt and a bit of practice and you can do it. Just hook the rear sight and push.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Russia used a holster similar for their Makarovs. No idea if they still do. I've heard claims that they've been seen recently on the legs of their special forces.

8. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

Interesting! Never heard of this gun before. I found this video

[ame]http://youtu.be/g72i8Ts1WpM[/ame]

9. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

That's actually how I found out about it.
    LifeSizePotato is like the ultimate odd gun collector. If you like odd guns, chances are he has all the ones you want. He even had the original 2 mateba target revolvers.