Nearby Celebrities' Homes

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vikingdad, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

There are quite a few celebrities that live around where I do. I ran across this story on Facebook. I know the place well, its just a few miles from my place.

2. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Good read! I don"t have any real celebrities up by my neck of the woods. I do reside in Aaron Rodgers' hometown though. (Still a niners fan, didnt convert like 90% of my fellow Chicoans)

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

A guy who used to be on the San Jose Sharks came by on Sunday, he has been a customer at our tree farm for a couple of years. I don't follow hockey though. Nice guy. Joe Montana used to get a tree from us too back a few years ago (I think he may still have been playing for the 49ers then). We get a bunch of Raiders too, but I don't follow football either so I don't know their names. Neil Young lives up the road and I see him around sometimes.

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I live bout 15 mins from Brad pitts brother doug in their home town.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

While trying to sell a truck to a customer, we used a smart phone and the GPS, riding around in the truck and tracking down the duck commanders with the 700N media center.

Only one house is out in the country. Phil's. You don't find it by mistake. The rest are in the ritzy areas.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Nearest celebrity to me is a fellow called C3Shooter.

Hell of a wingshot, ladies man, good hand with pistol or long range rifle, decorated vet, and makes really great chili.

:p

7. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Faith Hill and Tim McGraw have a house near me on the beach, Britney Spears too among others. My kids go to school with Emeril's kids, and yes he sends them public school. Wish I ran in the same circles as Faith Hill :), but I've never actually seen any real celebs out and about, except Emeril dropping his kids off at school on occasion.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  8. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

We used to have Larry the Cable Guy near here, but I think he moved back to Nebraska. We also have the guy from Police Acadamy with all of the voice sounds living nearby.

VikingDad, I have played a lot of pick up hockey with NHL players. They are usually good dudes. You might like the guy. Take him shooting!

Particularly since C3Shooter is not near by.

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

He was very nice. I said that he looked familiar and he said he is around the little league fields with his kid and a few other things, asked if I follow hockey and I said no. That's when he said he used to play for the Sharks. I actually think I recognized him from last year when he came by, but looking back on it I figure it was from when he played on the Sharks. Still don't know his name though. I have met and/or known quite a few celebrities over the years. Most of them are pretty nice people if you ignore their celebrity. If not I don't blame them for being not-so-nice.

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I live near a number of real American heros. They never wrote books or made movies. They are called Veterans.;)

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Very well played!

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I agree w this.

13. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Brett Favre is from near where I live.

14. PC167

PC167 New Member

Those guys crack me up...especially si !!!:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  15. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

Josh Duhamel (from the tv show las vegas & the transformers movies) is from about 80 miles away. apparently him & his wife fergie make it back here quite often since he still has family here.

otherwise most of the celebrities from the area moved away when they found fame & seems they haven't looked back. including louis la'mour, jim kleinsasser (former Vikings player), darin erstad, travis hafner (both MLB players), & phil jackson...yeah, the bulls & lakers coach.

16. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

We do have a couple less known and some sorta famous folks but the real not so famous people that deserve the notoriety they will never get is the first farmers, Millwrights, Inventors, Railroaders, Canal Builders and other folks that saw opportunity where we now live in relative comfort and a life of ease. Truth was, like Nightstalker has so nicely pointed out, they were also and always the source of our American Fighting Men and Woman from day 1!

Hard to mention a single famous person in the same post as these most important of Citizens!

17. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Sybil Shepperd is having an estate sale at her house this weekend in Memphis. Of course everyone knows Elvis lives in Memphis and yes he is still alive. He is seen around town walking his pet bigfoot. :p

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wow. He sounds so interesting. I would love to meet this C3 guy and maybe even go shooting with him. :D

19. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I live right down the road ( 6 miles) from where Martina McBride grew up in Sharon KS, a real tiny little town of maybe 2-300 people. I've met her several times and know her folks pretty well. They own a store over in Medicine Lodge. She used to be in her dad's band before she was famous, band called the Schiffters which comes from her family's last name, Schiff. It was a pretty popular band around here back in the 70's and 80's. She comes back for the 4th of July on a regular basis and does a little concert in the park at Sharon and I've got a buddy that sits in on steel guitar with her at those gigs.