Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a homebrewer who followed the link at the bottom of Homebrewtalk.com over here a while ago, and I haven't been too active (First post here), but I figured it's time I said hello.

I guess I should give a short rundown of my firearms background. I've got a few traditional BP muzzleloaders, a couple surplus bolt actions, a few handguns in various 9mm class calibers, a couple scatterguns, and I built my first AR type rifle last year. I bought a new lower receiver a couple weeks ago that I'm planning on building as an M4 type. I also reload, .223 only so far, on a Lee Classic Turret Press, but I'm no expert by any means and I'm looking forward to learning more in the future.

Right now I'm looking for info on a good source for reliable yet "budget" parts to build the next AR. I'm sure I've got a bunch of digging around here to do before I start throwing out a ton of the same ol' questions.

Thanks for reading this far,
Matthew

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Matt, Welcome!! I seem to remember a few other brewers on the forum besides you and me!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt, Welcome!! I seem to remember a few other brewers on the forum besides you and me!!
Sadly I haven't made any brew for about 2 months now, but the weather's getting warmer. I'll have to dust off the Bayou Burner and my MLT and get a batch together soon. One of my Nugget hop plants looks like it's got a new shoot started this last week, so I may be doing some nice pale ales before the end of '09 with that!

Are you using the same name here as over in HBT? I don't recognize it at the moment.

As a correction to my first post I should have said I assembled my first AR, not built, as I didn't do any of the machining, but I did do my own LPK and stock. I got the upper complete and assembled, but I intend to do the new upper myself this time as well as the lower.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I'm usually over at Probrewer!! When not here!!:D

Have 5 gal. of Imperial Porter in the keg, along with a Blond Ale. With that, Im out of kegging so I better start drinking!!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome and glad to have you around! :D

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
WELCOME ma2brew, (Matthew) MMmmmmmm...guns and beer, mmmmmmm....just keeps getting better every day.

OBTW, glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome ma2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts