Navy Commandos Expect Their Shrinks to Be Waterboarded!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Jun 13, 2011.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

2. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

Makes sense, How would they know what to look for if they have never seen or experienced it before. I am torn, as most people i think, on whether waterboarding or any form of torture is acceptable. On one hand it might get results, but on the other hand, the government and military arent exactly known for their highly accurate intelligence and torturing inoccent people is NOT ok.

As for training our people to edure it is a no brainer, there is no reason not to train them for it and it could possibly save their lives. Whether we torture people or not is irrelevant to whether we should acclimate our soldiers to forms of being tortured. If we can prepare them for something they may encounter then we should. I know its cliche but just because we dont torture people doesn't mean our enemies wont.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I say if it keeps troops or Americans or anyone alive then waterboarding is OK in my book.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

What if they are waterboarding U.S. citizens suspected of complicity with a foreign agent? I wonder what it would take for one of us to get on a list like that. I'll pass on the torture; whether those German guards from the Nurhmberg trials are doing it under orders or US soldiers are doing it under order, it is still stupid and wrong and robs the organization doing it of some honor.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  5. MidnightExpress

MidnightExpress New Member

the officers at the Nuremberg trials were not foot soldiers following orders,
    they were high command officers giving the orders, some "doctors",
    prosecutors, judges, some jurists and lawyers. they were knowingly
    exterminating thousands of innocent people in the pursuit of science and
    knowledge on torture and death. the non-military were tried for implementing
    and furthering the Nazi "racial purity" program. they were not looking to gain
    information to save lives or troops or to stop a terrorist cell from exploding an
    airport or an office building full of innocent bystanders in the name of their
    religion

I think if your family/friends were in harms way you might make the distinction

and it would depend on the amount of evidence they had against the "US
    citizens" and what crime they are suspected of committing or about to commit

torture, like war, capital punishment and/or using deadly force, has a gray
    area where it's impossible to say "no, never" or "yes, always". there are just
    too many variables for it to be that black and white and it's unfortunate if and
    when the innocent get caught in the crossfire (figuratively and literally
    speaking)

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

A hell, a little water boarding never hurt anybody... permanently. :cool:

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

See just as I thought. I am sure some here have first hand experience in waterboarding.