National Shoot Invitation!! Woot!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I did a brief stint as a security guard for a nationally recognized firm. While I haven't worked for them for awhile, I'm still on their active roster.

I just got an invitation for one of their shoots. These are strictly tactical, the brochure looks awesome.

Problem is, it's a team event. The handgun section is Glocks only, any caliber, but the targets are backed with ballistic gel, and apparently they check to see if all rounds expanded or fragmented. Pretty deep.

The shotgun section might be mine. All firearms must have two rail attachments, my gauge is the only one I have a flashlight for.

The rifle section seems wicked, anybody have a tactical AR with laser?

You'll need black BDUs, and hardshell knee and elbow pads.

Best part? They do this in a recently closed mall. Apparently, the have friendly targets that must be avoided, they pipe in music, and cater the food court.

Is anyone interested?

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Where exactly is this going to be at?

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Houston, it's a haul for me, but the prizes are going to be ridiculous.

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Sounds like a good time but not going to happen for me, Oregon to Texas is a long haul for sure.

5. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Benning you can count me in I'd love to do it. Hell we get Robo and we can put him on point and just hide behind him, it would be like advancing behind a tank.... I will need to customize my shotgun but I have the AR and Glocks. I also have lazers if we need them.. I have one on mine already and have access to more for about $50 bucks (green ones) this is my price. How about Dark Blue BDU's? Have the knee pads and elbow pads already.

When is this planned for and do we have to be in the industry for this?

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Benning, not to drop names here, but is this for Pathfinder Security by any chance?

There are two guys we know thru the shop that are going. Apparently it's not a closed down mall though, it's one under renovation. Apparently that big company Westfield started the project, but then sold it off, so the place is like 1/2 done and no one has moved on it in like a couple of years. I guess the managing group is looking for money any way they can get it. :eek:

We just refinished two Benelli's for the shotgun portion. Had to add the Surefires, of course, and had to add touch lasers with the pistol grip. Surefire sure loves their sh*t. :mad: $350.00 for the foregrip and touch light for a Super 90. Really?

Lucky bastards. If they had a long range gunner or had real pistols, I would totally be on board for a trip down.

Good luck. Maybe we can talk to Keith about getting some FTF Shirts to wear and promote??

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I am sooo amped for this....

I need to practice up, and I need two guys willing to commit. It's apparently pretty rigorous, and from what I'm reading, they haven't connected sewage yet, so we can either door breach, or infiltrate through the sewer!

How much does a manhole cover weigh?:confused:

8. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

hummm, rigorus... don't know if I'm up for that. After 36 years on the street the old body ain't as good as it used to be.

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Good door breaching 12GA?

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I knew if anybody here had heard about this, it would be you.:cool:

You competing?

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You could get one of these. Take a grinder to the flat end and make more of a point, then heat treat and bend into a hook. Then you have the manhole covered AND have the sledge for door breaching.

Otherwise there is a REALLY ease, I'll call it a birdcage, that you can fix on the end of any gauge and it's the perfect distance from the doorjam to be able to concentrate the Double Aught without having to worry about the backlash.

PM me if you are interested. I have a scanned copy I can send over. This thing is easy to make with any basic welding skills and will keep you and the guys safe....

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Man, I would like to, but my skills rest outside the Glock realm, you know, because I have a penis. :rolleyes:

No long range gunner entry. And my current muscle mass to body weight ratio is a little, or should I say A LOT, lacking. :eek:

14. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I've been working out, but I am a geezer. I think I can hold my own for at least that 3rd prize rifle.....

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

PM sent, need it fixed to 18.5" Pardner Pump barrel, do I need to ship just the barrel, or the whole thing?

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is a pretty sweet package, if you like Remingtons. I know Tango would be all over it. LOL

This thing is a piece of cake man. You will see on the drawings, you can do the whole thing yourself if you have a small, portable welder. The important thing in the rubber "oversert" ( because it's going over your barrel and not IN it. :) ) for the interface between your barrel and the birdcage. Initially we tried several different options for quick on and off, but really it turns out a hose clamp or zip ties aren't so fast when you have gloves on and a room filling with smoke... LOL

I got it, I'll get you a copy. Should be there in a few. Hit me up if you have any questions, but it's pretty straight forward. Just make sure you notch for your front sight, then it indexes correctly every time and you don't have to worry about the cage resting funny between the door and the jam.

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Good deal.

I contemplated a frangible round for the door, Glock guy at 9 o'clock, didn't want to spray him, so this might be the ticket....

18. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I have some Door Breaching Shotgun Shells if you want to use them. I got them for about $20 for the 3 pack. I have no real need for them at this time, but they may be useful to you at the Competition.
    doorbreach.jpg
    Two Packs is all I have left.

19. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Rules Question

I've got a SBR'ed AR with an 11.5 inch barrel with a comp that I mounted a 8.5-25power red dot illuminated Tac scope. I'm not gonna say brand names because I got it on the hush hush from a well established optics firm that wants to get some real world feed back. It's a serious piece but I'm not sure if I would meet the minimum Tac Rifle requirements. I've only got a quad rail on now, if I get a chance to go to the "big show" I'd spring for the 6 rail foreend if its needed.
    My question is the scope has a rail attachment on the elevation turret, does that meet the minimum 5 rail requirement or do I need to spring for the 6 to meet Tac Eligibility?
    Thanks bro

20. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I wish I could scan the brochure...

From what I'm reading, you should be good, I'll be calling tomorrow.

If we manage the Grand Prize, we do a three way split.

We just need a Glock guy, and we may have a team....