National Police Week

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by readygirl, May 13, 2012.

1. readygirl

readygirl New Member

May-13 to May-19, Just like to take a minute to send out a big THANK YOU...... to members of FTF who are current, or previous LEOs for their service.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree. Thanks for pointing this out.

THANK YOU!!

3. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Thank you to the squad of LEOs who showed up late in the night at 2:30 a.m. when I called 911 over a van that pulled into our apartment parking lot and disgorged half a dozen hoodies who began to work over the other cars parked in the lot.

Thank you to the squad of LEOs who showed up in the middle of the day when I was caught in a 4 car crash and people were bleeding and cars were totalled all over the roadway.

I normally try not to bother the local PD with trivial stuff. But sometimes it cannot be avoided.

4. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Thank you to tghe men and wemon that are Hero's everyday!!

5. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I appreciate all active and former LEO.

6. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Thanks for the Police

My son-in-law is a police officer, I have seen the dedication, long hours, and hard work put in by these fine men.

My daughter is behind him 100%.

I wish all Police officers the best, and a safe retirement.

7. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

A big thanks to all LEO!

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

another thank you to fine folks who do a tough job :)

9. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

I've attended a number of Police Week activities in DC over the years. They are sobering and unfortunately get bigger every year. The last time I was able to attend was 2010 when the three brothers that we had killed in line of duty at the same time were placed on The Wall. Bad time, but glad to see them honored.

The Candlelight Vigil is an amazing experience and one of the most moving rememberance ceremonies that I've ever been to. One thing that is done every year during is that at a point, a blue laser is shot across the crowd representing The Thin Blue Line. The sea of candles is one of the most moving things that one could see. I'd recommend that anyone supporting law enforcement and can get to DC during the time of the memorial attend. Info and pictures is always available here:

www.neolmf.org

10. mcb

mcb New Member

Thank You.

11. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I know we have more than few.

Thanks guys!

12. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Good thinking, readygirl. They are undeservingly shadowed by the military wh

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry, itchy button finger:) no disrespect to the military, but police don't get recognized enough. Is there a national day for them or is it part of memorial day? Thanks leos!

14. AZL

AZL New Member

I'd like to send a Thank You to my brothers and sisters in blue/tan/green who are still doing the job every day.

To you old retired farts like myself...next time I am on the lake going after the ever-elusive trout...I will think of you.

To the ones who still suit up, show up, and do the job right. You are ALL PIGS! Remember: Pride Integrity Guts.

Be safe, and come home at the end of your shift.

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Primer- I have been both. Memorial Day is actually in remembrance of the deceased members of the military.