National buy ammunition day!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by beastmode986, Sep 12, 2012.

1. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgYSumFU79c[/ame]

Hopefully my dad has his foid card by then. Ill be buying ALOT of ammo.

2. gilfo

gilfo Member

Come on did he really have to drap himself in ammo. The more I see guys like that I start to wonder if the anti's are right about gun owners.

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Really? Because he draped himself in ammo you think guns should be banned or at least heavily regulated?

4. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

No, guns and ammo shouldn't be heavily regulated.

But idiots like this make the fight that much more difficult for the rest of us.

6. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

I have to agree with this statement.

7. bkt

bkt New Member

That may be, but I wasn't asking you. No offense. Just trying to understand what the poster meant.

8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I didn't watch the video, but I sure a hell hope we don't have another "buy ammo day". After the last national election I couldn't find .45 acp for weeks or months. The ammo makers found out that we really don't mind paying more for ammo, and they haven't forgotten that lesson. Lets don't encourage them.......

9. m72law

m72law New Member

Why not a online AMMO group buy?

I'm in for 10k rds of BB's:eek:

10. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Hey guys we all might not look half as good as this guy if we made our own video. :)

I'm with him though, it's none of the government's business how much ammo I buy.

11. gilfo

gilfo Member

That's what I meant thank you.

12. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

NONE OF YOU that posted negatively about this guy knows a single s!-!itten thing about him, but you are so ready to quash his 1A rights.

how, HOW is he makin the rest of you/us "look bad?"

regardless of how much ammo you wanna covey-hole in the secrets and confines of your own shadow world, HE is makin a point that IT IS YOUR RIGHT!!! he's just not a pu$$y about sayin what he thinks about the gooberment bein in the personal business' of LAW-ABIDIN CITIZENS.

he might just be a looney tune, and then again, he might be as sane as can be, BUT it is his right to lawfully SPEAK his mind as he sees fit. if it offends you, then go lay back on the porch and wait for the mailman to come around. @least he is not ashamed of his freedoms!!!

I'M OUT! <turns mic sideways, drops it, kicks soapbox into crowd, and walks off>

13. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I agree that it his right to say what ever, but I don't have to agree, and I don't. That is also my right. I put him in the same category as the guys that flaunt the right to OC while pretending to fish on the St. Petersburg pier. :D

If they are pushing a buy ammo day means that they are not or have not prepared. I buy ammo through out the year to replace and maintain a sufficient qty. of ammo to meet my training and "just in case" TSHTF needs. Based on supply and demand a one day run on ammo would in most cases drive the prices up.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  14. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

what was he flaunting, his right to buy ammo in bulk? no! he was, IMO, fed up and tired of hearin, readin, and watchin stories of the powers that be lookin over every legal firearms owners' shoulder(s) and waitin to question them about their intention(s) and motive(s).

i am an adult, my parents used to do that when i was a child.........i don't need that, and I DAMN WELL DON'T APPRECIATE IT!

as for OC, use it or lose it, but don't flaunt it! i live in an OC state, and i open carry, BUT the LEOs around here know the law. if some don't, then it doesn't take much to have them educated.

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I guess that I feel secure enough in my own manhood that I don't feel the need to "play cowboy" and run around town with a gun on my hip and a bandoleer draped over my shoulder.

You see, I have 1A rights too. And if they offend you.... tough sh!t.

16. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

they don't offend me. you don't offend me. i like your posts just as much as anyone else's.

but what's right is right. if the laws are for only a certain few, then the laws need to be changed for the many others to enjoy, or revoke them for the few.

it's kinda like the sayin, "ignorance is no excuse of the law."

no, it is not! but that works TWO ways...............just because J.Q. Public don't know or ain't aware of OC laws, don't mean that i should have to get a CCW or leave my pistol @ home. because like it's stated, "ignorance is no excuse of the law!" and just because Mr. Officer is not aware of same, said, OC law don't mean that i am breakin the law because he/she thinks i am!

i know your stance on OC and i respect your opinion for it, but that is not what the youtuber was talkin about. he was talkin about sendin a message to those that would put all of we firearms owners on a national registration list........because we choose to, NOT exercise our 2A right (that is a given), but take joy in a past time that makes us happy.

17. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

it could, i agree...........but just because an event happens, doesn't mean there will be grave circumstances. Gov. Mike Huckabee asked for a Chic-fil-A Day and wanted people to go out and eat @ and support Chic-fil-A because of their stance on Christianity, didn't mean that they would raise their prices because of LOTS of customers. and you know what, they didn't! OMG!:eek:

18. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

I didn't watch the video but I have a take on the "national buy this or that day" that pops up from time to time. We are all adults and know what we have on hand and what we need to have on hand for our own personal needs. Just rotate and maintain your stock and keep your equipment clean and oiled.
    A run on any product with one of these calls to buy something will just drive stock down and prices up like it did in '09 and early '10. That makes it that much harder for all of those that didn't participate in the buy-up campaign to replenish our plinker stock.
    I still shell out $20 a brick everywhere I go for 22LR from the previous run that the manufacturers haven't yet recovered from. Aerating empty pop cans is getting super crazy expensive.

19. Longrange

Longrange New Member

I open carry while fishing in Florida all the time. You don't need to like it nor do I need to justify to anyone why I exercise my gun rights. We can't be pro gun and only support a few of our rights. Use them responsibly or lose them.

20. tqu9047

tqu9047 New Member

I make my own ammo that I use at the range. I also have enough store bought ammo for my EDC to last for a long time.
    I guess I'll buy some brass and put together a few hundred rounds on this day.
    Does that count?;)