Nation Wide Test

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JonM, Nov 6, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

on nov 9 there is a nationwide emergency broadcast test. they been advertising this for weeks now. im sitting here watching the three stooges and it just occured to me that nov9 would be the day i would pick if i was an alien overlord to invade the planet!!

no one would believe a ebt on the 9th that would give me a good head start if i was a alien overlord looking to take over!!

everyone is expecting dec 21 2012. i think we better keep ready for nov 9 2011!!

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Do you know why Doolittle's raid was able to do the damage they did to Japan without getting blasted out of the air?

Their bombing raid- by pure luck- coincided with an air raid DRILL.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The Three Stooges? Obama, Biden & Pelosi?

4. flav

flav New Member

The 9th is also the date if this so called near miss asteroid could hit the earth. Hmm, has me wondering on the date chosen as well...:confused:

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats my point!! personally i will be ready that day ya never know. maybe the king of the zombies is planning on a breakout that day.

how dare you sully the names of the greatest comedians the world has ever known!!

6. ahole

ahole New Member

Might want to be packing a little heavy that day.

7. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of mounting my M2 50 cal on my on my wife's Dodge Neon as we speak.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good thinking.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Groucho, Harpo, and Chico? :rolleyes:

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've almost messed my pants from laughing so hard, I'm so lucky I'm not drinking any coffee like several others here are known to do while reading.

11. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I don't know why this test has to be held in the middle of the afternoon on a work day. It is supposed to use all electronic modes of communication, TV, radio, and internet. If it were a ''test'', it could be done in the wee hours of the morning with little disruption to people's lives. Me thinks it is more of a
    "demonstration".

12. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Who really gives a rat's azz, I hear those stupid test on a weekly basis.
    "This Station is conducting a weekly test of the emergency broadcast system, if this had been an actual emergency instructions would have followed."

It is just always in the middle of a good song or some news I am trying to hear about the traffic.

They can go piss up a rope.

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I knew there was a good reason I bought another 550 rds today :D

14. freefall

freefall New Member

What about Zeppo?

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Also, I find it interesting that on 09-11-2001 there was no 'emergency alarm' even though we were under attack, every plane was out of the sky.

What the heck do they really use these alarms for if not used during 09-11-2001? :confused:

16. fireguy

fireguy New Member

This time it will be to demonstrate the "off" switch on the interwebz.

17. ahole

ahole New Member

dont forget to install the thermal guided scram rockets on the sides of that neon. UPS should have delivered them from MI6 yesterday.

18. ahole

ahole New Member

I find it very interesting that there holding the National test just one day after passably the last major election held in the United States. Or is that just the paranoid side of me speaking.

19. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

It used to be optional for stations to carry the nationwide test, as long as they conducted their own tests on a regular basis. This one is not optional. It's mandatory for everyone, and it's lasting over 3 minutes which is unheard of.

Very curious indeed.

On the other hand, we've never been informed in advance of any test, so why this one? Why would you want to inform in advance to the point where everyone is sick of hearing about it and no one will actually be watching the test?

Does anyone remember the term Blip-Verts??

20. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011