Nano

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by thdrduck, Jul 2, 2012.

1. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Has anyone checked out the Nano yet? Kinda looks like a baby Glock. I have a Glock 17 and really like it, the only thing I can say bad about it is it is too big for cc. I think I am looking for something that I can back pocket like a wallet in 9mm. Just wondering how the Nano stacks up to say the LC9.

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

There is nothing in a 9mm you can back pocket. Front pocket yes. Back pocket -- you can't hide a thick lump, you also can't access a .90 or 1" wide gun very quickly in a rear pocket and it will stand out. Last you have to sit on something that will not conform to a seat or your rearend.
    Look both pistols up and do your own comparison for size or most LGS will let you try to see what you think. Add the cm9 to the group.

3. glockzombie

glockzombie New Member

Very nice piece, super accurate check out some YouTube vids. I love mine

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Check out the S&W M&P Shield. It just released months ago. Heard nothing but good reviews about it rather than the Nano. The problem is nobody has it, demand is greater than the supply.

5. glockzombie

glockzombie New Member

Nothing but great reviews on the Nano

6. fast20

fast20 New Member

love my nano... fits well in front pocket of cargo pants... with pocket holster... a tad heavy but still doable...

7. tmorell

tmorell New Member

Bought my M&P Shield a couple of months ago and love it. Tried the Nano but found the trigger pull to be long and heavy. The trigger on the M&P is a dream compare to the Nano.

8. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I shot one at the range. I must say it's by no means a Baby Glock. The Nano is a quality pistol. My very first handgun was a Baby Glock and words can't describe the bad experience I had.

9. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

The nano is the only compact semi-auto firearm that I know of that can literally fire pressed into something, I saw a magazine guy press it down into a phone book on the ground and fire it, the action shot and chambered a round, I was shocked.

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

wiebelhaus For what its worth my cw9 and cm9 kahr it will do the same against a pair of jeeans press to a wall. No problem. Just tried it leaning aganst the pistols. I am not a little guy at 250 lbs.

11. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Awesome! I didn't realize that.

12. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Things like firing when pressed hard against something may show it is a well made pistol but none of those torture tests mean much to me. Glock can claim how they will shoot 10,000 rounds without being cleaned but how many people would shoot 10,000 rounds through the carry gun your life depends on without cleaning it? I saw one where they chained an XD to the back of a pick up and drove for 5 miles dragging the pistol on the dirt and cement then shot a full magazine through it. After that they froze one in water for a week, thawed it out and it shot. Those too are quite impressive but I don't plan on dragging my pistol behind a car or freezing it in water. What impressed me with the Nano was the accuracy, comfort and ease of shooting as well as the size for a 9mm handgun.

13. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Keyskelly I was just compareing to someone elses view. I also don't care how long someone goes with out cleaning a glock. I was simple stating I don't clean before I run thru a break in. Some anal people clean at ever touch. Accuracy is subjsect to a shooter. Kahrs are not inaccurate . If your going to compare guns of like weight with nano the cm9 is not in the same class and the lighter weight can make it harder to control for some. Nano's weight is heavier than the cw9, lc9 even the kimber solo and most reviews along with one nano I shot had a good deal of muzzle rize when shooting. The nanos trigger pull weight is a, a darn heavy. What is it 8lbs. It is not a great pocket gun so when you wear it iwb there are several others that carry as well. And are easier still to shoot.

The nano is just another pistol in the mix. You like it buy and be happy but its not the end all to compact CC pistols. Reviews of accuracy are ,aaa ok, not special. Just another short barreled pistol. I see reviews of guys that shoot both very well and guys shooting both of them like crap. You like the different trigger pull maybe, great for you. I grew up shooting match tuned double action revolvers. A kahr trigger feels natural but I can still shoot the heck out a glock, or a single action.

Nano is just another niche pistol. The only thing that matters is if it floats your boat smile and be happy. Wait a few months ,another pistol will come along that will make basicaly smart people do stupid things to run out and buy it and rave about it being the greatest. There all just tools.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  14. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

I was close to getting one but couldn't find one under $475 several months ago.

Bought a $250 keltec pf9.

Saw 3 last week for $425 and one for $400. But I'm happy enough with pf9 and $150.

When the finally come out with extended mags...ill take another look.

Bought my pf9 two weeks before shield hit the market. Could have had one for $380. Might have done that then. Now they are getting price gouged.

15. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Thats allways the way it goes when you try to find a deal on something. If the pf-9 feels like its not enjoyable to shot put several peices of old used free inner tube on the grip , Atleast for break in time. Make holding on a bit easier. I carried one for 2 1/2 years . Seems to not carry what it shot