Nano question

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by beretta9988, Jun 7, 2013.

1. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

Thinking of purchasing either a glock 26 or a Nano. Leaning towards the Nano but only concern is the reviews I have read about issues with 115 gr ammo. Considering 9mm is a hard to find right now not sure if I want to make it even hard tying to find nigher gr ammo.

Is 115 gr ammo still an issue with the Nano?

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I am breaking in my Nano with 124 grain but I have fired 115 in my Nano with no problem. In all my almost 500 rounds I had 1 FTE. I really like mine, I take it to the range every time I go. I just bought a few 8 round mags for my Nano. Looking forward to getting them.

3. bbertram

bbertram New Member

I've had no problem with 115 gr ammo, or my favorite 147 gr Gold Dots. If you're looking for a self defense gun , look past the Glock . The new Springfield XDS9 is tempting, but I like the Nano as my summer carry 9mm. :)

4. randyfukeway

randyfukeway New Member

I had a few issues with jamming with the 1st 50 rounds of 115 gr. I have shot around 200 rounds of 115 and have not had a single issue. Now if I could just find ammo.

5. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

Thanks. I think I am going to go wig the nano.

The local gun shop around me just received its biggest shipment of ammo in months. From what they have been told it has been getting better each week. Hopefully an end is in site.

6. randyfukeway

randyfukeway New Member

You will not be disappointed with the Nano. My bro-in-law is a Glock fan and he could not get over how much he liked firing it and how accurate he was with it.

7. beretta9988

beretta9988 New Member

I can't wait. I have a 92fs and thought about trying another band gun but I love my 92. So I am sticking with beretta.

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I really enjoy the trigger on the Nano and I do NOT like the Glock trigger. I find the Nano trigger to be far more precise and smooth. I just got some extended magazines as well can't wait to try it out with a full grip!

9. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Add my wife to the roster of Nano owners! She got it yesterday, and took her cc class today. She loves shooting it, and frankly, so do I. I foresee many backyard range sessions ahead. :)

10. bbertram

bbertram New Member

For a clunky little gun, it's surprising pleasant to shoot. I put a Dawson Fiber optic front sight on mine , for my old eyes. The Nano is a keeper ! :)

11. rb522

rb522 New Member

My wife has the Nano, and I have the Glock 26. Both are well made, accurate, and easy to shoot. I like the longer trigger pull on the Nano for cc use, as the Glock trigger can be a bit quick. I personally shoot better with the Glock, mainly because it fits my hand better. I do have larger hands, so the extra "chunk" of the G26 works out better for me, while the wife shoots well with either one.