Names from your Father or Mother

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bobbyb13, Oct 27, 2009.

1. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

What names did you get called by your Father or Mother?
    I was 12 years old before I figured out my first and middle name wasn't
    D@mmit Boy.

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

They affectionately referred to me as "pigsh-t."

3. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

They called me Junior until I was 17 Y.O. (same name as Dad) Some of my friends called me the letters J.R. Didn't like to be called Junior but didn't mind JR.

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

From my Dad, God Damnit!! Only way I knew my name was that it followed that exclamation!!

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Pig phucker
    Bread Young (Because I love to eat bread)
    Kid my dad still calls me that to this day.

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

"Bubs" or "Kenny Bubs"
    My Grandpap started calling me that when I was little. Im a third (III)

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, grandad, dad, and I shared a middle name- as does my son- so if I was in trouble, it was first AND middle name. Sorta rolled off the tongue in a threatening, the-end-is-nigh sort of way.

But when mom was happy with me, it was "sa dikata"- Cherokee for "Blue Eyes"- which I also shared with gramps, dad- and son. :rolleyes:

8. WDB

WDB New Member

Jr, when I was little, Will about the age of 7 (stuck with me). I'm named after my farther, he went by Bill so I got Will when I protested Jr.

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

When the Mormon Grandma got mad..

"Why you little wipper snapper"

Then she'd hit me with a rake.:mad:

10. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

All the elder children in my family have the same names: Francisco José. So my father's name is Francisco, my grandad's name is Francisco as well. My grandad's nickname was Pancho (quite common for Franciscos), hence my dad was stuck with Panchito. They tried calling me Panchitito, but I refused to respond to that name from a very young age. So they switched to Fran which I don't mind.

My best friend of more than twenty years (I'm only 27, so he's like a brother to me) is also called Francisco and his family has the same silly tradition! So his dad and grandad are Franciscos as well. It gets irritating when we all celebrate new year together.

My grandmother calls me Francis, because she's a huge fan of Drake (I'll never understand why, she just loves the bloke).

11. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I was always introduced as "The Monster." I really don't know where that came from because I was well behaved. If I didn't behave, I got my *** beat with a yardstick. And not one of those flimsy, balsa wood types, either. This bugger was about a ¼" thick and didn't flex at all. Needless to say, that kept me in line.

12. suprdave

suprdave New Member

My dad still calls me "goober". Still don't know why...

13. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Until I was about 13 or 14 I thought my 1st name was DAMMIT! As in DAMMIT Neil. Once in a while, if I really screwed up it was Jesus Christ. As in Jesus Christ, what have you done now? I remember 1 time my dad caught me with 1 of his new logging chains, dragging it across the yard. He asked me "what are you doing dragging that chain across the yard", I responded with my usual smartass way of "did ya ever try to push 1?" BAP!!!!!!!!!!

14. Jess

Jess New Member

my dad calls me Guss...I have NO CLUE why

15. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

My dad used to call me 'dude' a lot. Now any time a statement starts with "Hey dude..." I know something serious is about to follow.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Youngest daughter calls HER youngest daughter "demon spawn". Last time I heard it, it was after the child decided her cat had whiskers that were too long, and needed trimming......:eek:

17. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

My Dad's personal favorite for me when I was younger. Funny, we get along great now...

Attached Files:

18. NGIB

NGIB New Member

As far as Dad went, I was always and forever sh1thead - right up until he passed away in 98. Mom on the other hand always addressed me as David - she would include my middle name when upset at me...

19. orangello

orangello New Member

My childhood nicknames have passed. However, my entire family still calls me by my middle name; i stopped using that name after high school. I was in my first class at junior college, and when they called roll, i liked the way my first name sounded and have used it since. I moved back to my home town area a few years ago & still don't like the middle name, but have learned to live with it, as everyone here calls me by that name.

20. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Growing up I got tagged with TroyBoy, which was soon shortened to simply Boy.

When I started working construction with my dad, everyone called me Little Ed. It was OK at first, because construction guys can be pretty rough on the FNG (and do I have stories). Everyone liked my dad so I was treated like everyone's kid brother, but I eventually felt like I had to break out of his shadow.