NAA Pug

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by 1911love, Mar 19, 2014.

1. 1911love

1911love New Member

I picked up a Pug with Trijicon night sights and 5 boxes of .22mag Gold Dots today. Anyone know about these Pugs or the Gold Dot ammo? Any tips or tricks you could offer me? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. orangello

orangello New Member

IIRC, you will want to make use of the "safety notches" in that cylinder to prevent potential parts perforation.

It is better in your pocket than the 9mm in your car. ;)

3. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I now NAA has a great reputation and there mini-revolvers are fun to shoot. Though I've never shot the pug, I'm sure it's a fine gun. Your lucky you could find .22 WMR ammo! The gold dots were excellent out of my rifle.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app

4. 1911love

1911love New Member

Thanks Orange. I just read about the safety notches in the manual. I got it as a BUG for my BUG and as a deep concealment BUG when I'm forced to carry my LCP as my primary(when wearing dress slacks).

5. 1911love

1911love New Member

My problem now is finding target ammo. I don't want to use up all my Gold Dots for practice and plinking. I did read in the manual not to use any PMC .22mag because it will fire off more than one bullet at a time, scary.

I read on the GD box that it's optimized for a two inch barrel. I wonder how it will perform in the Pug's one inch barrel.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a NAA mini in 22 Mag. It is not the Pug. But it is very similar. It is a very well built gun. The workmanship is top notch in my opinion. I can shoot pop cans at 10 yards with mine. With 22lr it is easy to shoot. With 22 mag it is a handful. Do you have both cylinders for yours? I carry mine in a homemade leather pocket holster when I am bicycling or at the gym. It is great for that.

7. 1911love

1911love New Member

I don't have the .22LR cylinder, it just came with the magnum cylinder. I can't complain though. I got a smoking deal for the Trijicon Pug NIB and 5 boxes of Gold Dots. How much is the .22LR cylinder and how hard is it to get? My LGS said this model of Pug is really hard to get.

8. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

I have the one with the 4" barrel, fits in my boot as well as easily concealed elsewhere. If you can find one box of target ammo it should last awhile as reloading is slow.

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

You are going to have to keep an eye on ammoseek and the other ammo search engines. I haven't come close to running out of 22 wmr ammo but it's a long time between 22 wmr ammo purchases. I got 500 rounds from bass pro shops. Then Widners had a deal on Remington JSP ammo. I got 2,000 rounds of the Remington ammo. By and large Remington ammo sucks but they make some the best 22 wmr JSP ammo you can find.

10. 1911love

1911love New Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'm not familiar with .22wmr ammo. I know that any ammo with Gold Dot on the box is good, so that's why I bought 5 boxes of it.

11. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

All I can say is, I love mine !........Put it in your pocket & go, nobody gotta know..............Better than a sharp stick !..

Attached Files:

12. 1911love

1911love New Member

I found out today about the .22lr conversion cylinder. I couldn't find a price for it, but you have to send your weapon to NAA so they can time the cylinder to the weapon. I always thought they would be interchangeable between frames, but they are not.

I also checked out their .22 cap and ball model. Pretty interesting. I have a feeling I'll be buying more of their products in the future if the Pug shoots good at the range next week.

13. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

Smart to buy several boxes. The guys at my lgs said that .22 WMR is an anomaly around here. I've not seen any in quite a while.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

I like that one, the "earl" iirc. It looks like a tiny version of my 1858 Remington replica.

15. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I really like that one too. I wanna get the one called the Hogleg too.

16. JW357

JW357 New Member

Neat gun, congrats on bringing it home.

17. Original

Original New Member

Those are fun poppers or lunch guns, as I called mine, it took no less than 40 ptarmigan off rocks or running on the ground and those birds are excellent food supplement when out guiding hunts in Alaska. :)

18. 1911love

1911love New Member

Thanks JW! I still haven't shot her yet, I'm trying to get a day off. I've never shot a .22 mag before. I bet it will be loud with a one inch barrel.

19. 1911love

1911love New Member

Interesting, I never considered it a hunting weapon. Please tell us more about hunting with a mini revolver when you have the time. Thanks.

20. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I have NAA Pug I carry everyday. You have a great little gun. enjoy

PS...there's a picture of it in my avatar