MythBusters cannon mishap

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by triggernomic, Dec 13, 2011.

1. triggernomic

triggernomic New Member

Anyone hear about the MythBusters shooting a cannon only to miss the target and shoot a giant cannonball into a neighborhood? Here's a link to the news story video on youtube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui-xBeqBNi4]MythBusters Cannonball Mishap hits house, car, mini van and road, Dublin California accident - YouTube[/ame]

2. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I see some major settlement $$$.

3. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I was sorry to hear that. I love that show.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

They should do their testing at Yellowstone to increase the chances of a bystanding bear getting a cannonball enema.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Out to the desert with you.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

i cant believe they are THAT close to a residential area and setting off bombs!!

i like the show but there is some definate brain deadness going on there. every episode ive seen when they are at that range they lead you to think its the middle of no where!!

7. bkt

bkt New Member

Mythbusters is a great show and I hope they keep it going and keep the regular staff. But damn...that was a hell of a negligent discharge!

If it had been my house hit I'd be OK with having them pay for repairs but that's it.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think they would have to pay for my dry cleaning too....
    A surprise like that is definitely chocolate pudding worthy.

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

You two crack me up.

I didn't think a cannon ball could go that far and still go through a house, bounce off a roof, and go through (at least mostly through) a minivan.

I guess they'd call that confirmed. :D

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Well I think out was mostly the glass on the minivan that it went through, but the pictures I saw were kind of confusing.

But yeah, they can pack some range. One report I heard was that it had a MV of approx. 1000fps. that's a lot of momentum.