Mystery Rings...Warne QD 30mm for Mini...

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by KMO, Mar 11, 2011.

1. KMO

KMO New Member

Don't you just hate it when you know exactly what you want to buy, and can't seem to locate it? I'm hunting for some Warne Quick-Detach Black Medium-Height 30mm Rings to fit a Ruger Mini-14 581-Series Ranch. Sound easy? Just try & find them...:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Call Warne. They are pretty good folks who have helped me out a few times in the past.

3. rifleman55

rifleman55 New Member

I could be wrong on this one, but I think they only make them in 1" size for the Ruger. Do check, I could be wrong, but I have never seen them offered in any of my catalogs. I put a Warne rail on my mini and now have the Leupold quick release 30mm rings. It not only looks good but gives me a lot of versitility.

John K

4. KMO

KMO New Member

I actually found them at Optics Planet...over $100 for a set of rings! They sure better work out like I hope they will. If so, I'll have a new setup I've never tried before...will share later...;)

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Can't wait to see what you are cooking up. I set up my Mini with an Aimpoint CompM3 in a single Ruger 30mm ring. Love it.

6. KMO

KMO New Member

Yea, I've looked at a few single-ring setups, including one using a Primary Arms red dot sight that looked pretty slick. I couldn't talk myself into just one anchor point for my sight, though, and I don't know much about Primary Arms' product yet. I guess all of my "triple anchor point" marketing talk for the Mo-Rod has me brainwashed. For this new application I'm working on for a 581-series Ranch Mini, I have to leave myself an easy option for transitioning to the use of my Mo-Reaper front sight. But, I've also become pretty addicted to the world of red dot sights. Anyway, I'll share it as soon as it comes together...;)

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Is it done yet?:p

8. KMO

KMO New Member

LOL...The rifle just showed up today, so at least the most important component is in hand. My purchase of those Warne rings turned out to be a "nonpurchase," as Optics Planet's website accepts payments for purchases even when they really don't have the item in stock. I ended up getting the rings from Warne directly, and they only had 1 pair! I told them to crank up their production...everyone's out of their stuff. Anyway, we should have this Ranch model transformed by next week...:cool:

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Cool beans. Next week it is.....

10. KMO

KMO New Member

It won't be an earth-shattering shocker, as I plan to keep this Mini fairly simple. The sight setup should be pretty cool, though...if all the parts come in...:cool:

11. KMO

KMO New Member

Warne QD Rings Update

I finally got my 581-series set up the way I wanted, and I'm pretty pleased. Even though I have the rifle mostly disassembled at the moment, I briefly had it with the Warne Quick-Detach 30mm rings supporting an Ultra-Dot MatchDot sight. This will be a pretty good setup when I get it back together in a few weeks. The Ultra-Dot is a solid performer, and the ability to quickly detach the sight/rings as a single unit will provide the shooter with the ability to use iron sights (in this case, the Mo-Reaper) as an option. I'll get some photos together after my daughter's wedding is over and after I get my trigger assembly back from MasterPsmith...;)

12. GrimeyGoose

GrimeyGoose New Member

So...... how did it all turn out and evolve since then?