My worst fear...

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by bizy, Apr 18, 2011.

1. bizy

bizy New Member

My worst fear is having to fight off roaving street gangs. Everyone except me is "Going To The Mountians".. I live in the country not in town. Cities will be raped, robbed, looted and burned to the ground just like they are doing right now. All the bad guys have dope and guns and nothing to loose except their freedom. If you build a prison style fence around your house, it will be like a bill board saying I have good $#!T and I don't want to give it up...

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

No good solutions. How many days do you think you will have before attention is turned to your area? Will you have time to prepare?

You can create a single means of entry, that gives you only one area to protect. Build a swamp or mud field on one or more sides of your home. Pretty easy if you already have the equipment. You could also drag timber into an area making it impassible, at least to vehicles. Inexpensive man traps can be built in advance and deployed days before you expect to be targeted. You will need a generator and plenty of fuel to light the areas around your home. Nothing like light to keep the cockroaches away.

The issue is, you cannot stay awake 24/7, you will need help.

3. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Warning signs and land mines.

4. Theunsb

Theunsb New Member

Why waste money on signs buy more mines.:D

5. colmustard

colmustard New Member

3 words.... automatic sentry guns :D

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I have no problems of this nature. Real estate agent told me "Location, location, location". But we HAVE drowned 2 UPS guys and one mailman....

http://stevespages.com/pdf/s&w_10.pdf

Attached Files:

7. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I thought you were in Virginia?

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Broken glass covered in human crap is cheaper and probably a little more quiet. Ever noticed the groovy broken glass-topped walls in the old part of the New Orleans French Quarter; it ain't decorative.

9. jungleman

jungleman New Member

I think a couple of Robo Cops should take care of any situation. ;)

Jungleman

10. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

But we only have one RoboCop, and he's not on the forum as much as he used to be. :(

11. bkt

bkt New Member

OK, if that's a big concern for you, figure out a way to get around it. Figure out how to get what's important to you in your home OUT of your home quickly. Stuff like furniture, clothes and electronics can all be replaced. People, photos, valuables and necessary supplies can't be replaced. So have a plan to scram quickly and know where you're going before you leave. In other words, don't let it be a fear.

I think you could well be right that there may be riots in densely-populated areas if inflation gets out of control and/or if social spending cuts are made. If you can't get your neighborhood on board to defend itself, have a plan to make yourself scarce at the first sign the riots are spreading outside the cities.

12. armoredman

armoredman Member

I understand where you are coming from - my wife is incapable of much movement, and hoofing it out simply isn't an option. We keep our outside as unattractive to burglars as possible, and the backyard has an old barbeque and a lot of dog poop.
    Can't see inside for many reasons - I want the roving gangs to go after the bigger targets. Now If I can get my family OUT while there is still time, I will - I won't ignore every warning like Willy Katrina did, but if it's out of the blue, I bug in.

13. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

Easy fix. Throw a couple items on your law that have no long term value to you. Couch, a dresser, lamp, maybe a speaker and a TV. Crack the tv screen, break the lamp in half, and smash the dresser. Then take everything else you have and use it to board up your house. Junk on your front lawn will make it look like your house has already been raided. Then secure the interior.

14. oneshot

oneshot New Member

This is a very resonable solution to a real promblem.:D I like the way the Col. thinks

15. jayguy

jayguy New Member

No joking around here. I am in the exact same situation and all I have is a pistol and a rem.870 20.ga. If things got really bad you should would have a neighbor move in with you to have more people in the house for more men at arms.Try to get a automatic firearm such as a m60 and mount it on your roof(no joke).Clear all vegetation around your house for 200 yards.Have plenty of ammo on hand(such as for 1 ar-15, 500rds)and food. Barbed wire mixed with electrical wire (electricity running threw it).And of course many weapons I would suggest ak-47s,sks,ar-15s,svd,benelli m4,1911,and anything you can get your hands on even armored vests and put up a sign to gangs showing you mean business.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  16. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I'm coming to your house when shtf.

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Don't forget the portable generator.

18. jayguy

jayguy New Member

What state do you liv in

19. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I have thought about this many times, I have a fall back position out of town (brother in laws house) I'll right the old fort to blow and if they try to invade I will bug out. When they finally breach after the dead bar across the door breaks BOOM! After I get to the other "fort" then plan c will come into effect after I come up with it.

Worst comes to worst I'm gonna run like hell to fort knox and pray to god they don't shoot me on sight.

20. user4

user4 New Member

can you buy claymores on ebay?