My Wife's Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by PrimePorkchop, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Nice duracoating

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. I just puked in my soup

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. What the hell is wrong with you?

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

A while back I made a post asking people for help picking out a Christmas present and a message sent to me on these forums from a guy named Gary lead me the guys who helped me get what I was after.

Damnit Firearmstalk is awesome!

I still poke fun at my wife for it, but she loves it, and would not shut up until I made a post on here showing off her new addition to the gun safe.

I told her you guys would puke in your soup for doing this to a glock...she says otherwise...lets prove her wrong :D

Attached Files:

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

4. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Do I enjoy the pink gun? Hell no... But, when it comes down to it, your duracoat job looks pretty good. Would I like different colors? Absolutely! The job itself has a nice fit and finish to it.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

I will not puke, a woman that likes her gun is like a boy and his dog, hot dogs and apple pie, baseball and beer... Its what's right in the world.

I'm gonna let my wife look at that.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

She wants one just like it, but in orange tiger stripe.

7. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

If she likes it and shoots it, then it is perfect for her. The more people we can get to the range the better.

Not my style, but just smiles here.

8. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Agreed, and that was the main reason I got it for her...gives her another excuse to go shoot =)

The "poking fun at her" was all in good humor, nothing malicious, but at least based on the votes so far...most people agree with me lol

:cool:

9. vincent

vincent New Member

I care NOTHING about asthetics, anything that can keep me and my own vertical is the most beautiful thing in the world...If she's happy with it, that's all that really matters...

10. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

gonna show this to my wife....

after I clean up this mess...... ><

11. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

It's not for me but if it's what she wants thats awesome. While looking at it all I can think is the pink should be olive drab and the white a dark tan but keep the black and it would be awesome for my gun safe.

play the victim, be the victim

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Now, did you have someone do that for you, did it come that way from the LGS, or did you do it yourself?

13. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

If there's a Glock under that, it can't be all bad. If she likes it, just keep buying her ammo.

14. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

One thing I have learned is that sometimes an object may only be beautiful in the eye if the beholder. If that is what she likes, that is absolutely awesome! It's like a mother and her baby, it may be the mist hideous baby you've ever seen, but it is beautiful to her. Anyway, that's how I feel about my guns:)

15. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I took it to a guy in the town I live with the idea, and he did the duracoating

16. triggernomic

triggernomic New Member

I've seen some solid pink frame glocks with black slides that looked decent. That pink camo over everything kinda makes it look like a toy. (yes I'm ready for everyone to ask which glock's don't look like a toy :rolleyes: but I think they're perdy)

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think its pretty sharp, and I'm not a fan of GLOCKs, (don't flame me, nothing against their functionality, they just don't feel natural to me)

I think with my wife's idea of burnt orange tiger stripes it would be bad as hell, and if it gets her to get her own gun, its just a win win situation.

18. Dave-In-Maine

Dave-In-Maine New Member

I think it looks awesome!!! Let's face it, Glocks are not necessarily the prettiest thing right out of the box.....
    Nice job, and I give it a big thumbs-up.

19. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I showed it to my wife and she said "that's ridiculous."

20. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Member Lifetime Supporter

How do you remove that pixel color from the monitor? Nice job with the work, if she likes it, that is all that matters.