My wife, the great enabler

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by partdeux, Jan 12, 2015.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Woman shows up at the PPC match Sunday with her boyfriend. Not only is she afraid of firearms, she forbade him from bringing them into her house.

Ms. Enabler, takes the woman into the scoring room where she was working and starts working her through how the scoring works, all while talking to her about how much fun the competition is. Jawboned her into agreeing to try it. I set her up with the clubs best firearms instructor, who takes her out to try shooting a few rounds. She agreed to try the PPC competition and completed it.

The best part, drum roll please, she won a raffle firearm during the banquet!

2. VoxRomantic

VoxRomantic Member

Awesome, enable some more! :p

3. partdeux

she was the 2nd non shooter to participate. First one wasn't an anti tho. I didn't realize that BOTH non shooters won a gun.

We also had a very young boy participate, but believe he had shooting experience.

4. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

You need to take the "great enabler" out for a nice dinner and thank her for all of us, we need more like her!!!

5. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I always love to hear of the antis getting converted.

6. partdeux

Great enabler was highlighted before the club for her work in the scoring room. Apparently everybody noticed the improvement. One old cantankerous shooter challenged her made up rules by saying this isn't my first rodeo. As reported by the match director who happened to be in the room at the same time, without taking a breath told him "and you don't look like a cowboy" followed by "go re-add that card".

I guess on Monday, she's dragging a couple of her friends to the range who haven't shot before. That should be interesting :)

7. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Converting An Anti is a gift in itself.....she will be blessed!

8. partdeux

It's her second conversion. First one is her best friend, who had a bad experience with a firearm in her childhood. The latest one was just a pure anti.

9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Well, yeah, but was this anti-gun woman really converted? My wife is pretty anti, but she has been shooting several times. And she kind of has fun while doing it. Doesn't mean she is converted.

10. partdeux

IDK. She seemed to really enjoy the shooting aspect.

11. partdeux

young couple at the range today were shooting next too me, and may have been responsible for the chunk of lead I caught on my face. Anyway, he was a new shooter, she was brand new to pistols, but apparently had hunted before. Wife had a collection of firearms out and let the young lady try all of them...

I need to think about this, I take one firearm, and have to clean it afterwards. She takes FOUR, and I have to clean them afterwards... what's wrong with this picture?

Young lady really liked the XDs :)

12. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

I admire her taste in guns. XDs is a good choice.

13. partdeux

I put my name down at my fav LGS for the single stack 9mm XD gun, MONTHS before it was announced. When it finally arrived, she picked it up and said, "this is mine"... I've shot it maybe three times :(

14. partdeux

Long term female friend of mine was afraid of firearms and wanted to learn how to shoot. So, last night we went to the range. I never got near the two of them. She wants to know when we're going again :)

Master instructor friend of mine has invited SWMBO to his next instructor class, and our club has also suggested she become certified.

15. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Poe-zeshon........Is 9/10's of the LAW......? :p. :D

16. partdeux

SHEEEET!

What mine is hers anyway, so now what? LOL