My wife the art teacher

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by spittinfire, Jan 5, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My wife is beside me as I type and she stated that the memebers of the forum need to know the difference between a tint, a tone and a shade. "You might be on a gameshow and win a million and then you would owe her some $$."

a tint = any color mixed with white

a tone = a color mixed with a neutral

a shade = a color mixed with black

She also said that if you don't know what the primary colors are she will come to your house and smack you in the head.

Benning, did you learn anything?

2. junho806

junho806 New Member

wow i did not know this...
    i learned something today
    thank your wife for me!
    :D

3. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Color me smarter.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

So anyone that shoots a glock is a shade? [​IMG]

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Spittinfire, I am astounded. And you from down Home and all.

Everyone here in the South knows a shade is one of them sperrits that hangs around the graveyards at night.....And a tone is when you try to make amends for somethin' you got blamed for.....

And we are not even gonna talk about pigments if'n y'all pull out that horrible vinegar based sauce.......

:p

6. Highpower

Highpower New Member

That's funny.... I thought white WAS neutral.
    And black is power.
    Green for ground.

Together you get 110 volts.... :p

7. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

White is only a neutral is you have a red or blue or any other hot wire. Otherwise white is a ground.
    But that's only in a 120/240 single phase. In some three phase systems, white could be a hot wire. So be careful there.
    Green is equipment ground, chassis ground, bonding wire, etc. It is never a ground. (But I know what you're saying.)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  8. freefall

freefall New Member

The stuff I work with green is always the ground.

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This is all too much for me. I'm still trying to figure out crayons. ;)

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Damn! Learn something every day!

11. spittinfire

I was curious where this thread would go. My wife was looking over my shoulder while I was on here going off on her kids not knowing primary colors and it spawned this.

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Primary is the color you start coloring with first, right? :p

13. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

I thought primary was the color that you use most.

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

a tint = A portable, lightweight, fabric shelter, that can be packed and carried to various locations for setup.

a tone = The manner in which an author uses words to convey a mood or the pitch and it's changes in words of certain languages. Also, tone, as used in communication remotes are employed to remotely control transmitters. Control signals and voice are sent from the tone remote, over the dedicated pathway, to the transmitter. It is necessary to install an interface board in the transmitter to convert the tone remote signals to actual channel and Push-to-Talk (PTT) functions.

a shade = A blocking of sunlight by a roof, a tree, a umbrella, a window shade or blind, curtains or other light blocking objects.

Primary colors are green, light green, brown, light brown, black, sand, light sand, white, and various digital patterns. These various colors are applied to break up outlines, eliminate shine, obscure shape, and provide shadowing and color that blends in with the ambient background, to be the most effective.

Did I pass? :D

Jack

15. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Even in the winter? :p

All I remember is black and white are NOT colors.... :D

16. spittinfire

You guys are all going to have an angry art teacher hunting you down....I'm just sayin...

17. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Got it--- tint, tone & shade
    crayola64_400x300_shkl.jpg
    Now,
    What da 'eff are the other 61 colors????:confused:

18. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

I was never lucky enough to have Crayola. I only got the off brand. Like trying to use a frozen dinner candle to color with.

19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sir- either choose your terms with greater care, or stay out of the mountains here in Virginia. In some areas, you have just given grounds for grievous bodily harm...........:rolleyes:

20. orangello

orangello New Member

^^^ LOL at "eliminate shine".

Art was the first class in school that i ever got a "C" or below in. :eek: I don't think accountants need to get artistic; most who do end up incarcerated. I do remember "ROYGBIV", though.

Actually, i did get into B&W photography for a while & taught myself to make balloon animals; that's about as artsy as i get.