My wife and her Desert Eagle

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by JonM, Aug 26, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

i talk about my wife a lot but havent really showed her shooting anything. buuuttttt.....

today the wife and i went to the range over in racine wisconsin. we took a couple of guns my springfield 1911A1 in 460 rowland ruger mk3 with supressor her bersa 380 and her Desert Eagle in 50AE. while there we rented a springfield xd in 9mm and a fnp 9mm.

her choice for ccw/oc ruled out other guns as not being comfortable to her. so she tried those two out and ended up shooting the xd best and really liked it alot.

but the star of the show was her cranking off with her DE. it attracted a LOT of attention at the range with her letting several people shoot it. they couldnt believe it belonged to her not me lol.

anyway here she is putting seven 300grn .500 1400fps slugs in the x-ring with it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOkb6GHpxI]Wife's DE 50AE - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Awesome!! Maybe next time I drive up to shoot with you, she will join us.

3. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Nice shooting.

That's a 4 hour haul for me but I'd be willing to meet you two up.
    |

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

she might if i load up some 50AE for her. but she doesnt go to the outdoor range much

we got a spare bedroom we can put ya up for a weekend :)

5. winds-of-change

I much prefer the outdoor range to an indoor range. There's so much more to do at an outdoor range. I'm putting 'Minnie' back together early this coming week. I'll have to check my schedule for next weekend. I'll let you know.

Court, if you make the drive, I'll buy you lunch the day we shoot.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

i am going to be out of town next weekend and the weekend after. ill be back for the weekend of the 17th sept. then im gone the weekend of the 24 (dove hunt in texas for my birthday) then ill be back till sometime in november

7. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Wow, she´s handling the recoil really well. Brought back memories of shooting a .50AE DE the first time. I had shot .45ACP and .44Mag before but I was really nervous and the Desert Eagle felt like a freaking cannon :)

8. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

And she never seemed to flinch, even though that thing is a hand cannon! What a great gal you've got, for more reasons than her firearm skills, though, I'm sure!

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Thanks, she is great!! and she does shoot that insane gun very well. She has put more rounds through over the years than i have.

It is more like grabbing hold of a lightning bolt with the attached thunder than anything else. The concussion from that stupid thing can be felt several yards away...

The DE 50 is absolutely the most impractical fun gun you can pull a trigger on.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

Amazingly its the first handgun she ever fired. She pretty much commandeered it from the first day we met.

11. winds-of-change

Ah, okay, Jon. I'll be at Bear's the weekend of the 24th. I'll see about the 17th, though.

You won't be back until November?

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

No after im back last weekend of sept i wont be going out of town till nov again

13. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Seriously amazing stuff :eek: Just the sheer size of the grip makes it difficult to handle not to mention the recoil. I remember one guy from our group getting whacked to the forehead by the front sight when he shot the DE for the first time and he had already shot a few handguns before that. We were shooting 400gr loads IIRC, so they weren't even that hot. Next time we went to same shooting club, the instructor promised to give a hello kitty plaster to anyone who managed to redo what happened last time :D

14. winds-of-change

Oh, I see. I misread, sorry.

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Your wife should be involved with helping other

women learn to shoot. She seems to have things

well in hand, no pun intended. She is an asset to

the shooting community. When other women see

how well she handles the DE, it will help them

overcome their fear.

I have a .44DE, it's not really even practical in

that caliber, but the action soaks up a surprising

amount of recoil, compared to a wheel gun.

It also attracts a lot of attention

at the range. IMO, the DE puts the "fun" in gun...

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

what makes me shake my head is she doesnt like shooting my 1911s lol.

she is getting a xdm 9mm for ccw. she put 25 center mass at 15 yards first time with the rental gun.

i think all the safeties and levers and such confuse her a little. but she feels real comfy with the xd and feels safe with it cuz of the grip safety. when i explained the features and what it means for ease of use and first shot hits. her response was WOW thats like the 1911 only i dont have to remember the safety!!

sometimes she really surprises me.

17. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

A big thumbs up to your wife Jon,That 50 DE can be a handful too shoot.

Now we know who's the boss around the house,LOL!!!:rolleyes:

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

lol!!! i think your right!!

19. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, I like my 1911 too, but the DE is just something special.

You gotta love a hand held anti-tank gun...

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

while i love my 1911s i did kinda like the xdm 9mm i fired 5 shots. may have to get one in 45acp....