My tastes in cars !

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Feb 5, 2015.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Some mention of my lack of tastes in automobiles was brought to light ? :p so , to clear things up ....... Again ..... :p. :D. !
    Now thems cars !

http://youtu.be/h8MbhS5XKow

Not quite a Dodge but..........:p. :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

That sucker will not hold up against my beast!!!
    I just finished fine tuning the engine!
    260169_232238106786339_4480352_n.jpg

3. dango

LOL....that ain't no Dodge ...........or is it ...? :confused: Beast it is....!

4. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

And it's parked in a handicap spot at Wal-Mart too................:D

5. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

I had a car once that was so bad a highway patrolman gave me a ticket for being a hazard to the public! Oh the stories I could tell about that one like the time I got in and had 3" of snow in the back seat! Darn that was a cold ride home. :D

6. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Im not very vain when it comes to automobiles, only a few things I care about. Its really positive if the thing is payed for, I like a roof, The motor needs to run and the wheels should turn if I put it in gear, its good if they also stop turning when I hit the brakes and heat is a good thing to have this time of year in Upstate NY. Other than that, My expectations are very low.

I have decided I will never ever pay a mortgage payment again on something I generally dont live in so the only new car I will own hence forth is one that fits in my pocket, a hot wheels toy. My current fleet of junkers total about 70 years of age between the three of them and my PU Truck has holes bigger than baseballs in it that Ive repaired with closed cell Spray Foam that seems to be holding up rather well.

7. dango

How true that is ! I've seen houses cheaper than most new vehicles !

I've only ever had one new vehicle in my life . Would like to get my hands on a Jeep . Used , affordable and in good shape . I still have that brand new vehicle ,
    A Siverado I bought ten years ago . It is getting tired but has been very good to me .

Those cars I posted are only a fantasy . If I had tons of money to burn , I would have something in my garage ! :) Route 36 , miles and miles of well maintained two lane , winding hills , just gets my juices flowing . Would love to cruise that in something sexy ! :D

8. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you're not buying a new hellcat charger?

Personally, I like a new car once in awhile... had intended to get one this fall, but going to hold off at least a year. Kind of nice not having mortgage size car payments. Although the wife is driving a new plug in hybrid that we got a smoking hot lease deal on.

9. dango

How does that work ? :confused: One spare tire , Jack , lug wrench and really , really long extension chord ? :D

10. WebleyFosbery38

Unfortunately New doesnt stay new in Upstate NY very long with rough roads, snow, salt, more salt all chucked together in a big ice/ mud ball for 5 months ruins stuff before the payments are even gone. I really dont have a garage to keep Cars in, just a barn that isnt that handy across the road.

Less than prosperous Times havent left extra car payments in our budget and home Renovations at the same time (99% DIY). Ive got to invest in our home at my age, besides vehicles have never returned me anything but the bare necessities of mobility and rusty parts.

My 2002 Dodge Dakota was so perty when I drove it off the lot brandy new. It wasnt a high end truck but expensive enough for me, it was shiny and didnt have a scratch on it, I kept it so nice! Within 4 years, I had been hit twice and smashed bad both times, after that, it never seemed new again even though the payments were still happening. I wasnt all that easy on it I bought a 4WD Truck to use it moving stuff, pulling a trailer, I didnt beat it but it got its share of dings cause I made it work. Its nasty smells like cigs, dirty filled with tools, parts and other detritus but it runs pretty fair so run it I will until it croaks. Its only got 125K on it, Im shooting for 165!

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I like a nice comfortable car.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  12. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

no spare tire, no lug wrench... air compressor and tire goop :)

It actually works out extremely well. The battery will take the car between 9 and 29 miles on battery alone. After that, it runs on gas. Wife works just a few miles from home, so 90% of her driving is on battery alone. I figured out the new car is costing about $100 per month, from the gas saving and smoking hot deal. The increased electricity usage hasn't shown up thanks to the last summers milder summer and this winters milder winter. My electric usage is actually down.

13. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The older the better! :D

14. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

My minimum requirement is 4WD and a rear axle locker.

High clearance for off road travel is also critical.

And the shorter the wheel base the more places you can go.

This all spells JEEP.

15. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

My Scout has a shorter wheel base than a jeep.. 100 " vs. 138 " for a jeep... :p

16. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

I like Jeeps too...but wont work for Luctus...They ride like a log truck..even the new ones..And if you set one up so it's real good off road...It's a little spooky on the highway...or any time over 50mph...:D.

17. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

First time i ever heard a guy brag about his being shorter....LOL. Sorry..i couldn't resist....

18. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

For the price of any one of them cars you could buy a half dozen American made Vetts, I think I will just stick with my Taurus !...........

19. WebleyFosbery38

US Army Issue M151A2 was the best ATV ever. It was even pretty fir on the road. Drove them for a decade or more, even remember the TM # 9-2320-218-10. Great little scooter that could go places you cant get a humvee even close but they could be very dangerous if you didnt know WTF you were doing with them.

If I ever was overflowing with money, that would be the classic car I would buy, with the floppy top, 1/2 ton trailer, working heater and a nice woodland Camo paint job. Maybe upgrade the drivers seat to something a little more comfortable! Pretty much the little guy I attached below!

Attached Files:

20. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Or you could buy every color SRT - HELLCAT they make....GOD BLESS AMERICA..