My TAR-21 Tavor

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by TV-PressPass, Jun 29, 2012.

1. TV-PressPass

TV-PressPass New Member

You guys need to get these up and running down south! Definitely my favorite black rifle from what I've handled and shot. Surprisingly different from an AR-15. Click the pic for a quick run and gun video.

[ame="http://youtu.be/3mF42dkKfbI"][​IMG][/ame]

Right now I've got it with a 3rd party full top rail, Leupold HAMR and delta point, surefire flashider and troy flip ups. I regret selling my surefire scout light. The inforce replacement isn't half as nice.

I'm tempted to try a Knights super slim rear sight on this setup, but I'm not sure how well it would work so close to the eye. One of the things with a bull-pup is there's never a very large sight radius. Has anyone else used iron sights on an RFB or similar setup and has advice?

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Sweeeeet rifle gratz dude!

3. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Where do you even buy those? :(((((

4. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

6. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

7. TV-PressPass

TV-PressPass New Member

Hahaha, nooooo sir that is a very different rifle.

This is what the IDF was carrying in Operation Cast Lead. Its designed in Israel to be an alternative/replacement to the M16 & M4 family. There's no such thing as a "non-bullpup Tavor" similar to a steyer Aug. . . except way cooler :p

Its one of the few rifles we're allowed to take out wherever we'd like in Canada. The AR is a "restricted rifle" despite being the same caliber, mags and longer, so it can only be fired at government approved ranges.

8. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

My bad, I misread your post.

9. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Is the tar-21 civilian the same?

10. TV-PressPass

TV-PressPass New Member

The Civilian export is nearly identical, without any of the full auto parts of course.

My barrel is stamped .223, but I have it on good authority that its identical to the Israeli DMR barrel.

My stock flip up sights didn't have rear tritium, but other than that its the same across the board.

The new Israeli made flat-tops are apparently convertible to 9mm now though! I'm very curious about that as a possibility in the future.

11. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Aug 2012 is supposed to be the month that these will finally hit the US shores... Someone stated at Shotshow that they would be released in August. Its possible that it may be moved back. We'll see...

Charles Daly was about to import these before they went bankrupt. There is a thread at AR15.com about it.