My SR9c

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by titandave, Jun 19, 2012.

1. titandave

titandave New Member

I've had my SR9c for several weeks and have put approx. 500 rounds through it and absolutely love it. I bought this particular one after extensive research via the Internet and was blown away even after the glowing reviews. I shot several types before I purchased the Ruger. First of all, I love all the safety features with this particular gun. I love the loaded chamber indicator, the 1911 style thumb safety, and the magazine disconnect. I live in Oklahoma and on Nov. 1st, open carry goes into effect and I wanted something that I could carry with a few safety features for my own peace of mind. Now I know I can't predict the future but I don't plan on being in a firefight so having to disengage a safety wasn't a determining factor at all for me. I also don't plan to open carry for the most part but like the option and like the fact that if my shirt rides up I won't be arrested or fined. Anyway, back to the SR9c, the break down and cleaning is as simple as it gets (glock is easier). I'm trying to determine what type of holster I want. I'm leaning on the blackhawk serpa for outside waistband and the remora for inside. What are your thoughts? Y'all have a great day!! (had to throw some "hick" at ya)

2. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

Open carry ...lol I'm movein to OK its suh a hassle concealing

3. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

Dude, nobody plan on being in a firefight but you have to be prepared for one. No safeties for me, DAO and a round in the pipe all ready to go.

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Yes prepared. Takes 1.5 sec to change a mag. So carry extra mags!

5. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

Lol I can dig it..n the words of my lil bro..I'm allways strapped..lol:p