My SP1

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by MAX4utah, Mar 19, 2011.

1. MAX4utah

MAX4utah New Member

Thanks for the help and answering all my somewhat stupid questions :D I learned alot in a short time on this site. Here are a couple pics of my gun. I am going to keep all the original parts for my SP1 to turn it back to its original glory when I have the dough to build a carbine.

Attached Files:

2. MAX4utah

MAX4utah New Member

Still trying to find a decent price on a VLTOR EMOD A5 stock kit for this gun. That might have to wait a bit on that one. Forgot to list the goodies.
    -Surefire 2 peice handguard
    -Magpul AFG
    -Magpul MAID grip
    -Magpul sling mounts
    -Magpul M2 sling
    -BMC Gunfighter charging handle
    -BMC extractor kit
    I think thats it. I also replaced the firing pin, gas rings and cam pin. Should be ready to roll now! I cant wait to take it out.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Good looking stick you got there Max.

JD

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Is it a kit? Where did the lower come from? Looking for one.

5. MAX4utah

MAX4utah New Member

It a pre-ban Colt SP-1. I inherited it from my grandfather.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Very nice! Glad to hear you'll return it to original down the road...

7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Thats awesome man. Id really like to find an SP1 w/ Colt lower.

8. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

Very nice. I would like it even more with the original handguard. Thats something to hang on to. Your grandfather had good taste. :cool:

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Max

When you have the money? I would return my SP 1 to it's original condition since it is essentialy a collectors piece. And buy me another AR-15 to do what ever with. I have been offered in excess of $1400 dollars for mine in it's original state. Even after the Brady Ban took a dump! 'Thank God!" They were bringing in excess of $1600.00+ at that time. Mine is 100% original and will remain that way. I you do change it outas mentioned it is imperative that you maintain all the original parts to change it back.:)

10. MAX4utah

MAX4utah New Member

For sure. I have all the original parts put away safely. I am for sure going to biuld another AR when i have the funds and return this one to original. I already have a list going ;)