My small protest

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by danf_fl, Oct 18, 2012.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

As of today, any firearms, firearms accessories, firearms parts I intend to purchase,

Will be researched first by where the companies headquarters is located.

Should the headquarters be located in what I consider a firearms "unfriendly" state, I will not purchase the article.

A small list currently includes: Springfield Armory, Smith&Wesson, ArmaLite, McGowen, Forster Products, and Rock River Arms.
    Distributors will be added.

My list will include more as time goes on.

2. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Ha! I don't even buy oranges from California. I look for Florida oranges instead.
    Thankfully magpul is in Colorado.

3. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Ruger, Mossberg and Colt are all based in Connecticut. I don't know how gun-friendly CT is, but it's caught between NY and Mass so I figure it can't be good.

4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I see the point, but if the manufactures are already there, and an anti 2a law is passed in their state, the whole thing could be seen as pointless. The companies are already pi$$ed about the laws passed, then the customers quit supporting them?

5. danf_fl

Please notice that I said "headquartered".

This does not mean manufactured.

I understand that companies have to go where they think the talent is at.
    (Is that why we have so much of Winchester stuff that is made in China?)

6. primer1

I see. Less than four hours of sleep and no coffee. I don't own any winchester guns.

7. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I think it is the dumbest thing ever.

These are the companies that we need to support even more. They are behind enemy lines and they are being attacked on a daily basis.

Lets see So you don't support RRA because they are located in a so called non-friendly state. So you want them to pick up and move. Closing shop in one area laying off hundreds of people and move to another state that you deem gun friendly. So you are going to punish hardworking Americans because you have some cockamamie pipe dream. Yeah that's some rock solid thinking there.

You do understand that hundreds if not thousands of people count on these companies you want to boycott. 100% of the people you want to punish are just like you and me and everyone else on this board. They are red blooded Americans who love god, country , and guns.

This is America and you are free to think as you wish (Even if it is stupid) and do as you wish.

8. danf_fl

Manufacturing is one thing. but to be based (headquartered) is another.

If you will notice, I did not say to move the manufacturing out (thus retaining the jobs).

And IF they did move, then maybe others would have a chance at employment.

9. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Look at this way,

Weapons Manufacturing Headquarters in Anti-Gun state is a major pain in their arse. Everytime that they fuss about weapons, the HQ folks come out and shut them up. Have you notice that the Anti-Gunners do not complain about the HQ's being in their state?

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Jack Daniels is made in a dry county.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

why pull the plug on the few friends we have left in the anti-gun states??

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

This is actually why I will never buy nor recommend a Para Ord product.

They were founded and HQ'd in Toronto, Canada. They haven't done dick to help our friends north of the border with their gun laws.

A few years back they rebranded and moved to the states to avoid the taxes on imported weapons, but that doesn't undo 20 years of doing nothing for the people you were employing to actually own the products they were building.

I'm with Dan actually. I don't have much need for anything else in the safe to be honest so my purchases will be down to shiny kit syndrome anyways, and that is easy to tailor to American made companies that employ good people and pay their taxes to gun friendly states.

JD

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's called taxes my friend. They pay a lot in taxes and that makes the Dems very happy. :mad:

14. primer1

...doing nothing for the people you are employing...

Which is what the auto industry has been doing. Ford hires people in my area that max out at $14 an hour. With rent/ mortgage, insurance, gas, electricity, etc. who can buy a new car on that wage?

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Ruger has facilities in Prescott Arizona and they have been very supportive of the NRA since Bill Ruger is gone. There have been rumors of Colt moving because of new restrictive state laws.

16. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

ruger also is in arizona.. they have two HQ's tasked with different firearms.

17. JSStryker

JSStryker New Member

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/stateleg/scorecard/2010/2010_scoring_system.pdf

Connecticut is 5th on the Brady list behind CA, NJ, MA and NY.

That cuts out Colt, Charter Arms, Marlin, Ruger, Stag Arms and Winchester plus several others that I didn't list.

Savage Arms is based in MA.

Kahr Arms (Magnum Research, Auto Ordnance), Kimber are based in NY

Remington is an interesting one, their HQ is in NC and the Group that holds them (Freedom Group) is also HQ'd in NC but Cerberus Capital Management which owns it is based in NYC so where do they fall?

18. Millwright

Millwright New Member

Why tell us ? Far better to tell the legislatures/governors of states whose gun pogroms you find offensive. Wouldn't hurt to send a copy to the mfgs in those states too ! >MW

19. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I own a Winchester. Good thing it's a '43. It was made in CT of course.

I don't really understand what you are trying to do here. I can't see it helping. If you mean the taxes thing, that sort of works. They then also will push the state they are paying taxes in to be more gun-friendly, right?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  20. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

It could be that the reps from those companies are the only light left in those anti-gun states. They may be what keeps that state from slipping over the edge into the real point of no return.