my single six

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by jjfuller1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

well, i was attempting to adjust the sight yesterday it broke. i was a little stunned... i have already emailed ruger and am awaiting a reply. hoping they will just send me a replacment.

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      30.1 KB
      Views:
  2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Damn. Hope they make good on the replacement. How did you break it?

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Wat were you useing to adjust it? A sledgehammer :p

4. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I have broke the blade on my new Blackhawk. I made one support request via email and another on the phone. I ended up with two complete sight assemblies, not just the blade. I recommend you do the same so your gun will never be down for two weeks again.

The blades are fragile on the Ruger single actions. I recommend keeping a spare sight assembly on hand so the fun never ends.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

That sucks!!

Im sure ruger will send you the part.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

NO! lol

a screw driver, first i lowered it by tightening the screw. then attempted to slide the blade over a little with the same screwdriver. used my hand to tap the screw driver on POP. on the first tap it snapped.

7. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Ah! Guns no good, send it me for proper disposal :p

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Update. Received email from ruger saying a sight is on the way. Yay! Im Very pleased with this

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

JJ,

You might go to www.gunpartscorp.com (Numrich Arms)if you do not hear from Ruger soon. They probably have some!
    Those are fine little guns by the way. Use to have one in 22 and 22Mag when some years back and still wished I had not parted with it!

*SORRY DID NOT READ OR SEE YOUR POST ABOVE BEFORE I SENT THIS! PART IS ON THE WAY THAT IS GREAT! But the above is a good source should you need anything in the future!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  10. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Ruger makes bad sights but good guns,my Ruger 22/45 don't even have a rear sight because It broke and I haven't replaced it yet.I have also heard of other people with gp-100's with sights falling off or breaking too.It's annoying and apparent that they skimp on the sight quality,but I still like Ruger because their guns themselves are usually great.

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

well, CS was great and im patiently awating the arrival of a replacement

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

my sight arrived today. took a whole 2 minutes to change and now im ready to go play again!!
    for some reason ruger thought it best to send a complete set instead of just the blade.. oh well. add it to the parts shelf

Attached Files: