My Sig556 is now a paperweight...

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bigbad-ratman, Feb 22, 2010.

1. bigbad-ratman

bigbad-ratman New Member

thanks to my daughters, in what was a rare feet of self motivation. They decided that the gas valve (took it to work to put in the parts wsher) for my "baby" wasn't safe on my desk and they put it away for me. It is now in one of those very safe places that nobody can find. I very politely tried to explain to my girls how upset I was about the part, but since I didn't yell and scream they didn't get the picture. I did call Sigarms; the rep (whose name I forgot to write down), explained that they didn't sell that part. He did however get my contact info and if they had them available they would get one right to me. So now I am in limbo, with a very nice, very intimidating paperweight.
    Someone here please feel sorry for me!!!:(

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wait. What? :confused::confused:

You pulled the gas valve to take to work and put in a parts tank, but then brought it home, put it on your desk because you didn't get around to reassembling the weapon after a hard day and your daughters "hid it?"

Are your daughters very small? Are they not yet capable of making informed decisions about what is important and what is not?

Even if they are, do they have jobs? Because if they are living under YOUR roof, eating YOUR food, sponging off YOUR heat/care and they STILL have the nerve to hide a man's weapons parts!!!! *shaking fist* :eek:

Really you have no one to blame but yourself my friend. Suck it up princess and go rent a metal detector. Or place something else of interest on your desk and see what happens. :D

JD

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Wonder why Sig wouldn't sell that part, though. :confused:

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

A buddy works for Sig in Exeter. They are so far behind because they don't have the parts to build rifles.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Wow....business is good! As it is with just about all gunmakers right now, I suppose.

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Not really. Some of their sub-contractors can't get the raw materials to make the parts. Part of it is demand. He just finished an order for the California Highway patrol, 8,000 new handguns. I did not think they had 8,000 officers.

7. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

The CHP is huge...I just want to know what their hiring pool is, because San Fransisco hired all the a$$holes...I know this is CA and all but the pool has got to be running dry:D

8. bigbad-ratman

bigbad-ratman New Member

HAPPY DANCE!!! Wife found it. The baggy I had the valve in managed to find its way into my wifes gym bag that she never really empties. I was so happy, that had we not been at the gym when she told me I would have "thanked her proper" for finding it!!!

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Nudge, Nudge Like the Sport, know whatta mean.