My shtf scenario has arrived

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by widowmaker, Jan 30, 2012.

1. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

I just needed to vent a little and that's the reason for posting this here.
    Survival is what this section of the forum is about anyway.
    Over the years my family has tried to be as self sufficient as possible because we have seen the way things are going in the world.
    I have all the smalls arms I need for me and several more like minded folks. My wife and I are proficient in food preservation and gardening. We practice good animal husbandry and have a small amount of secluded land in the northern part of California. I have generators, water well with storage, fuel tanks. Several hundred gallons of propane and solar power capabilities.
    I have survived several back surgeries, a couple of heart attacks, bypass surgery, COPD, and several other ailments that come with age and bad behavior when I was young. But we were prepared for almost anything the world could throw at us except ................... wife developed ovarian cancer last year. Prognosis is not good.
    Now all the preps in the world won't cure this problem. But at least our kids can benefit from all the stuff we have stored up over the years.

The best prep you can do for bad times ahead is get a good medical check- up NOW. And, make damn sure everyone you love knows that you do.

(Mods: Please move this or delete it if I have posted in error. Thank you guys for a great forum)

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Thoughts and prayers.

3. Jon12312

Jon12312 New Member

Very sorry to hear this. Good luck and we will keep you, your wife, and kids in our thoughts. - Jon

4. colmustard

colmustard New Member

So sorry to hear this, you both will be in my prayers. Keep the faith

5. bkt

bkt New Member

Holy cats, dude. I'm sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to your wife and your family.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Really sorry to hear that. Good thoughts and prayers for you and your lady. And your point is well taken- med checkup, and vaccinations up to date are a key point. If there is anything I can do for you guys, send me a PM.

7. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Prayers for you and your family going up from Kentucky.

8. Heart_of_Dixie

Heart_of_Dixie New Member

I will be remembering you and your wife in my prayers. Continue to vent on here if need be and stay strong for her

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Best wishes to you both.

10. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

Good advice. Hang in there.

11. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Prayers and Healing thoughts enroute!!

12. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Sorry to hear that.

13. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for you and yours.

14. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Hang in there Brother. This is going to be hard on you. Gotta try to stay strong for your wife. My Aunt was diagnosed with the same thing. The cancer moved into other areas and the doctors gave her six months. That was 2 years ago. Unlike me, she is very religious and has a prayer with every pill and treatment, she is fighting every step of the way.
    Keep your chin up and be there for your wife every step, as we know you will be. Help your wife fight this in her own way and keep her spirits high. If you need anything drop a line on here and the members on Ftf will help you.

15. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Very sorry to hear the news. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

16. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

17. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Saying a prayer for you. Remember to cherish every moment you have together.

18. paintsplat

paintsplat New Member

sorry to hear that. Im noob to this site but from what I see If you need anything, even just to vent, the people here wont let you down. god bless

19. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I'm a newbie here, but thanks for sharing. Indeed, it is your shtf. And a good reminder how fragile we really are. You are in our thoughts Sir.

20. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Life has a way if getting in front of plans. Prayers and good thoughts to you and your wife widowmaker.