My Review of the Springfield Armory 9mm EMP

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by RMTactical, May 16, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good review. Thanks.

2. Hollander

Hollander New Member

I respect your review. I own both the 9 and the 40. I had a couple of issues with the 40 which Springfield took great care of in short order - one problem was a bad magazine. They also polished the feed ramp and discovered a dead sight which they replaced. They also sent me a new mag when I discovered that some of the problem was the mag. I find that both the 9 and the 40 are real tack drivers and super accurate. I love shooting the 9 and and enjoy shooting the 40. As far as the base of the mags protruding. I too hated it. If you google up John Harrison you will find that he is a master smith. I had him change two of my 40's and one of the 9 mags and make them into a flush fit. Beautiful work but expensive. $45 each but it really makes a difference in concealment. You do lose one round capacity but I still consider my purchase to be worth it. John also does other work on the EMP's but too rich for my blood. I think the EMP's are great guns and worth the investment. I carry the 40 when the weather is cold and sweatshirts are in order. Good luck with your EMP. I hope you will enjoy it.

3. RMTactical

RMTactical New Member

You're welcome. I try to write an unbiased view.