Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Forgive me, for I am ignorant.:p

But what stops polished metal from rusting? Is the Glock slide stainless or am i missing something?

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
The polishing compound should help. If not a good coat of clp left to soak in overnight definitely will.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did my G 23 three years ago and never had a rusting problem. when you clean the gun polish it easy is that

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do it for my friends not hard but takes a long time to do it right.
Wet sand by hand from 800 grit two 2000 grit then then metal polish I do the barrels, slide lock pushpins it's fun to do

·
Registered
134 Posts
denverr1 said:
I do it for my friends not hard but takes a long time to do it right.
Wet sand by hand from 800 grit two 2000 grit then then metal polish I do the barrels, slide lock pushpins it's fun to do
So when can you polish my G20 frame.......

·
Registered
134 Posts
denverr1 said:
Lol no prob I can do it for you
What u want done ? Slide and barrel ? Just slide , just barrel ?
Just the slide and maybe the compensator..... I have already installed a Lone Wolf barrel, compensator, take down pins, and also a titanium trigger. Going to install a chrome magwell, looking to make a race gun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What did you use to remove the blueing and how did you mask the slide grip ridges ad the rear of the slide?

Nice work buy the way.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Forgive me, for I am ignorant.:p

But what stops polished metal from rusting? Is the Glock slide stainless or am i missing something?
I just learned this.

But the Tenifer that makes Glocks less prone to rust is a process not a coating. So polishing it makes it no more prone to rust than it was originally.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts