My pet Peeve: Whining cops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Chainfire, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

How many times have you heard the cop on TV lament that when he kisses his wife and goes off to work in the morning, he never knows if he will return? Yea? Well guess what? None of the rest of us has any guarantee of sleeping in our own beds, instead of a morgue table tonight either.

You know that fat girl, the high-school dropout who runs the cash register at the convenience store down the street. Comes on at 5:00 and gets off at midnight? She has twice the chance of dying by homicide as the cop buying his coffee and donuts there. She has no “benevolent” society to help her family when she gets shot multiple times for $48.00 and a carton of cigarettes. There is no parade with clerks from around the country and bagpipers playing for her either. No taps, no alligator tears, no flag draped coffin.

How many OTL truck drivers have you heard moaning about the danger of their jobs? I have never heard one cry. They get in their big-rigs, fasten the seat belt and go to work. The guy who works for Waste Management? He is much more likely to die on the job as the cop; as is the roofer, the construction laborer or for heavens sake a crab fisherman.

In this country, which employees damn near a million cops of different flavors, under twenty died of gunshots in 2012. In the same time period they killed around 600 people. Many more cops died in traffic accidents, (no wonder the way some of them drive) they also died of training accidents and a multitude of other ways that everyone else is equally exposed to.

Grow up boys, if you are afraid of being a cop get a job as a custodian. (or not, they also have a higher rate of injury on the job then cops)

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It could also be said that America has the best trained police forces in the world. The facts you stated reflects police response to violent confrontation does not have to always end in gun fire.
    The store clerks and OTR truckers do not spend their shifts pursuing confrontations. The fact that we have that "Thin Blue Line" allows most clerks to sell Skittles and Arizona Sweet Tea in peace.:)

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

When you choose a profession you assume the risks involved. Some jobs are riskier than others. You just don't hear high-iron workers whining; they accept their risks as the burden of a manly job. My complaint is in the "drama" surrounding the cops seeking sympathy for the "risks" they take. It is a matter of perception.

4. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

So do you have a beef with those who protect our society from those unfit to abide by the simple rules that have been set forth? Or would you rather have a post apocalyptic world with no rules or safety

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Quoted for truth.
    Nobody wants to hear "I joined the military and camel bangers shot at me."
    It's part of the job chosen by the individual. Worried you won't make it home to the wife and kids, find a different job or don't get yourself a wife and kids.
    Neither the military or police issue you a family.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

In case you missed the point? Police are paid to seek out confrontations civilians are not. The police are far more likely to be exposed to danger than a citizen. I expect you also hold the Military in low regard. There are many more soldiers discharged then killed in battle. Does those numbers also up set you?:confused:

7. HighSpeed

HighSpeed New Member

Many cops die in traffic accidents simply because they're on the road all the time and the motoring public runs them over. Check the stats. The vast majority of cops aren't dying during pursuits.

8. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Everybody at times has complained about their jobs. If you don't like people "whining" about their job, why don't you join the police force? Then you can come back and "whine" for us. If we didn't have these "whiners" who else would join the police?

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I get really, really tired of these cop bashing threads.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I don't really take this one so much as cop bashing I see it more as a I'm in the wrong profession thread.
    I'm not big on cop bashing, they aren't all bad. Lol

11. stratrider

stratrider New Member

Being a cop is usually a thankless job from what I've seen and it carries a high level of expectation from the general public. You rarely see any positive stories about the work they do. I don't get the frequent complaining from LEOs...:confused: Maybe I don't watch enough t.v.?

12. fmj

fmj New Member

One of the MOST dangerous jobs in this country IS the night shift convienence store clerk.

They have exactly 0 obligation to protect ANYTHING! Least of all you. And they take THAT seriously!

Hell, around here, they spend their shift sitting outside of bars waiting for joe worker to head home after 5-6 beers after his shift of REAL work.

After my garage got broken into and my motorcycles stolen... It was ME that recovered my bike. 3 days after the break in, i get a call from the lead detective asking ME if I had any leads or suspects. UMmmm i thought that was YOUR JOB! Then 6 months later i finally run down a credible lead on my sons bike. I call the lead detective and let him in on it...he tells me theres nothing he can do, which equates to there is nothing he WILL do about it.

My point is that cops of today are mere secretaries...they write reports and do little else. Cops do NOT make for safer 'hoods. Concerned CITIZENS (like George Zimmerman) make for safe neighborhoods.

Maybe if cops lived up to the hype they have created around their paramilitary "career" there wouldnt be so many bashing threads.

In our society today we have an us vs them attitude...brought ON by the paramilitary, unconstitutional tactics used by the cops themselves.

I have NO sympathy for 'em!

Ok rant off.

13. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Where the hell were you when I was disabled in the line of duty? I would've been more than happy to let a big mouth like yourself take my place and be the hero. This way you'd be the one going through all the surgeries and pain I still feel during these many years. You're a real sweetheart!

14. fmj

fmj New Member

Where were YOU when i blew my back out "in the line of duty" and lost my truck and damn near my house. ( i didnt have a cushy pension or "fraternal order" to pay MY bills during rehab) I wouldve been more than happy to let a big mouth like yourself take my place put in that duct work. That way it would be YOU going thru the pain and surgeries all these years after.

Get the point now?

Doubtful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.