My personal defense battery.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by ColtFellow, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Or because I have zero interest in a revolvers and haven't shot one in about 15 years

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  2. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

When I get up a Ruger American full size 45 acp goes on with my clothes from its bedside roost alongside the AR15.
    It stays on me or in arms reach 24/7.
    The sr9c goes along normally as back up when I go out along with the AR 15 in the truck.
    In my gun case, are two 12 ga shotguns one with slugs and one with 00buck.
    A semi auto 22 rifle and and a charged 50 cal muzzle loader in case of Indian attack:D. One must tailor ones weapon to the attacks time period .:p

Granted a few months ago I seriously considered stopping carrying or keeping more than a 22 rifle for pests. I guess I'm just to stubborn to be an easy target.

PANDEMIC and Rifling82 like this.

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

That is some nice stuff.

It looks as if you might be needing a rifle to go along with your shot gun and hand guns. Go to the pawn shop and find you a .22 for a hundred or a hundred and a half bucks.

There is certainly nothing short about a revolver for personal protection. You might want a semiauto if you were facing down a dozen folks, but that is not the normal self defense scenario. You prepare for the situation you are most likely to face, he who defends all, defends nothing.

4. Ingramite

Ingramite Well-Known Member Supporter

I had to trade 6 Glocks for my Hi-Point. They had to order it in .25acp.

Pasquanel and Trunk Monkey like this.
  5. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

So, you do not see the need to train on ALL platforms out there. To each his own.;)

6. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't have any guns, guns are bad. I just post pictures of ones I find on the internet.

kfox75, PANDEMIC, locutus and 5 others like this.
  7. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

It is up to each and every person to decide what she/he needs to protect his/her crib, family and person. If revolvers or semi-autos are your cup of tea, that's all fine and dandy. Besides a selection of certain firearms, there also needs to be proper defensive gun training and layers of security. There could be at least one security or watch dog. There are intrusion alarms systems. There are locks and dead bolts for doors. There are cameras. There is secrecy. Don't tell strange people on the street what you have for weapons or security measures. Strangers could stalk you and follow you home. Guns are only one part of the whole security master plan. Know your surroundings in and outside of the home. If a place or area seems unsavory to you, try to stay away from it. Don't look for trouble except to avoid it.

PANDEMIC likes this.
  8. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

I have two Ruger American bolt-action rifles with scopes. One Ranch in 5.56 NATO for gophers and one in 6.5 Creedmoor for deer. The Creedmoor is now back at the Ruger factory for warranty repairs. Scoped bolt actions are no good for close range combat but might be effective to take out a few enemy invaders at a distance from behind cover if there ever is such a thing as defensive sniping. I also have a cheaper "Harris copycat" bipod for my rifles. If I had the dough, I might favor that nice new Colt M4 Carbine at my LGS for $1,100 retail. This is a great home combat weapon for when a foreign army, mob or street gang invades you, perish the notion. Mil-spec peep sights, semi-auto fire and AR magazine capacity are the only way to go for battle at close to medium range.

PANDEMIC likes this.
  9. Trunk Monkey

Nope I don't

10. Chainfire

I would say you came out great on that trade! Tupperware for steel! ;)

Ingramite and Pasquanel like this.
  11. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

good, bad and evil.jpg
    You can't be serious! Guns are only BAD if they are an inferior design, are of inferior workmanship in building, aren't reliable, aren't mechanically safe, don't shoot straight or otherwise are mechanically broken. Only PEOPLE are EVIL.

Oh, and as for the little Smith .38 mouse gun....it's not the size of the gun in the fight, it's the size of the armed citizen's nerve when confronting danger.

12. sheepdawg

When you're playing poker do you want any of your opponents knowing your holding four kings?
    By the way one of my internet pictures is a 1964 S&W model 12-2. 38 special with some pictures of 125gr. Federal Nyclads in it. Pictures are good.

kfox75 likes this.
  13. Ghost1958

Not sure if that was directed at me or not.

Silly me I thought an AR15 in 556 would qualify as a rifle.
    If not I do have the model 60 22 lr in stainless also though if given time to reach it the AR would get the nod. Even if it doesnt qualify as a rifle it does a great imitation of one.

PANDEMIC and locutus like this.
  14. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

I don't play poker. But I have one King Cobra with six rounds of 3-5-7 to hold in cougar country for those feline opponents.

15. Chainfire

I was addressing the OP, who did not mention having a rifle in his "arsenal."

16. Ghost1958

Ah ok. My bad. Happy Halloween btw.

17. sheepdawg

I saw a picture of a 3" GP100 somewhere. Older one with Chigs zebrawood inserts on the standard size Ruger rubber grips. Probably work pretty good on 2 legged and 4 legged varmints. Adds weight 158 grains at a time.

kfox75 likes this.
  18. Trunk Monkey

I have yet to see a Mountain Lion that I couldn't handle with UDAP

19. Les Moore

Les Moore Well-Known Member

I don't have a gun in my bathroom, but I do have A LIFE OUTSIDE BEIRUT...

20. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

I have two bolt-action rifles.

PANDEMIC likes this.