My personal defense battery.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by ColtFellow, Oct 30, 2020.

1. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

1. Colt King Cobra d/a revolver, 3" barrel, acquired new Sept. 2020
    2. Smith & Wesson Model 642-2 Airweight revolver, snubbie, acquired new two days ago
    3. Remington 870 Express police pump 12 ga. shotgun. acquired 2nh-hand in 2017

The Colt is my normal bathroom gun which is tucked away in the medicine chest. During showering, it's on the toilet tank lid for easy reach from behind the shower curtain. I place a clean white cloth under the gun to protect it and keep it from slipping off the top of the water tank of the pot. The door between the bathroom and the bedroom is open during showering. The bedroom a/c, fan and dehumidifier is on to take up shower steam so the bathroom gun don't rust. Both stainless revolvers are periodically inspected, cleaned and protected with a film of gun oil. The Smith mouse gun normally resides in my fanny pack and is my normal city/town/suburbs/road travel carry gun. Beyond commode guard duty, the Colt loaded w/ .357 is for out in the boonies where wild animals might be met as cougar, black bear or wolf. The Remmy normally resides at my bedside. It's great to have two handguns in case one needs to go to the gunsmith for fixing. Both the Colt and the Smith fit in my fanny pack but the Smith isn't quite as heavy as the snake gun for everyday carry.

Both revolvers can shoot .38 Special or +P ammo. I normally keep .38 Special in both for the least recoil and the least muzzle flash in darkness. The Colt and the Smith are companion revolvers since they both can fire .38 ammo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    PANDEMIC likes this.

2. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

I hope I’m not the only one to question the lotion on the night stand.... Lol and don’t listen to the monkey that needs stuffed in a trunk, those are good looking guns

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

One must keep the gun barrel lube close at hand.

:p

PANDEMIC, austin92 and Ghost1958 like this.
  4. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

Some like it Glock. Others like it "clock". Smith revolvers turn counterclockwise. Colt's turn clockwise.

duke revolver.jpg

5. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

Woe is me! I do not have a bathroom gun or a Glock! :eek:
    But I do have a P365 that tags along with me where ever I go and every evening rests on the nightstand where the P-07 resides...:cool:

PANDEMIC, Ghost1958 and Rifling82 like this.
  6. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

Woe is me. I sport no Ruger revolver. I don't even know which way it turns.

I'd remember the films "Psycho" and "Unforgiven" and reconsider having a piece within an arm's reach whether on the pot or in the shower. P-07, Omega trigger? Mother had an excellent Omega diamond ladies watch. It was buried along with her, God bless her good soul.

7. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Are you serious? I don't think I ever would have noticed that

8. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

It's important to know. Let's say you only have one round to reload the gun. This could be a life-or-death shot in a bad situation. Which indexed-before-top-dead-center chamber is the last round going in, left of the hammer or right of it? You might not have time to dry-fire the gun 4, 5 or 6 times to get empty chambers out of the way to get to that one live round. Your life may depend upon this knowledge someday. Of course, remaining loaded rounds in auto magazines always travel in the same direction regardless of make as the gun is fired and cycled: up and straight. You can always tell cylinder rotation in revolvers by the location of the hand: to the left or right of the cylinder bolt. Right hands as in Smith push the cylinder counterclockwise, left hands as in Dancing Pony push clockwise.

PANDEMIC, Ghost1958, SRK97 and 2 others like this.
  9. AgedWarrior

Hah! Good answer with the Ruger!
    But I don’t live my life IAW Hollywood movies nor have regard for their themes and ideas, I find real life more interesting.
    Really funny with the Omega insinuation! Really amusing...actually, not really. :D

10. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

The fact is, all moving picture shows aside, silent or talkie, the lavatory is a strategically, tactically, vulnerable area in your home. Burglars, home invaders, can hear the shower running. The shower water impairs your hearing. Bad hombres with ears know there is a person in the shower to sneak up on. Bathrooms, small and confined, often only have one door in and out and no path for a hasty retreat.

https://twitter.com/atdanwhite/status/1313183751883681795

I prefer something that SHOOTS, and I don't mean peas, to guard my throne room. Somebody tries to pull a Norman Bates in my shower will be unpleasantly surprised by a shiny "snake" loaded with "venom".

towboater and Ghost1958 like this.
  11. AgedWarrior

Do what suits you...welcome to the forum.

austin92, Ghost1958 and Gatoragn like this.
  12. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

True story bro

PANDEMIC and Ghost1958 like this.
  13. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Why would any one with any common sence tell the world how they are armed and where they place their guns in their home??????????:confused:

14. JimRau

That is becasue you have never been trained properly!!;)

kfox75 and austin92 like this.
  15. ColtFellow

ColtFellow Member

You don't know my address. About 40 million American households have at least one gun in them. There aren't that many rooms in the average house.

PANDEMIC, G_Whitcomb and Ghost1958 like this.
  16. JimRau

What ever!!!:rolleyes:

17. AgedWarrior

True story...hmmm? Is it a bathroom Glock or a Glock in a bathroom? :rolleyes:
    Just messin with ya! :D

PANDEMIC and Ghost1958 like this.
  18. slow_burn

slow_burn Member

we have 18 rooms, in my house...

but i only have 6 guns.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

PANDEMIC likes this.