My Nosler M48 TGR In 7mm-08 Is Here

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bullet, Nov 1, 2011.

1. bullet

bullet New Member

Here are some pictures, will be going to the range tomorrow or Thursday to begin work with my rifle and will report shooting and load results in the near future.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Proven Nosler Model 48 barreled action
    Match-grade Pac-Nor chrome moly barrel (hand lapped)
    2 Position Safety
    Crisp, custom 3-pound Rifle Basix trigger
    Custom aluminum-bedded Bell and Carlson™ composite stock
    CERAKOTE™ and Micro Slick™ finishes to prevent corrosion and intrusive weather damage
    Weighs 7.7 pounds with bases, rings and Weaver 6x
    Accuracy guarantee of sub M.O.A three-shot groups at 100 yards*
    Enlarged trigger guard to accommodate a gloved hand.

2. bullet

bullet New Member

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

That's on beaut of a rifle ;).

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

5. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Very good looking rifle. I dig the stock.

6. bullet

bullet New Member

Thank you, I do feel the same and will be using it on a hunt in Arizona the third week in November for mountain lion, then first week in Tenn for a Deer hunt and then again here in South Mississippi for deer and hog where I live and finally the second week of January in Louisiana South of Baton rouge on a deer hunt.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

VERY nice! What Weaver scope is that?

8. bullet

bullet New Member

It is the Weaver K-series 6x

9. bullet

bullet New Member

Well, I went to the range and did a barrel break-in and I know some people don't believe in break-in. I once was that way and did not believe in it either but for the last fifteen years have done it with every rifle I bought new whether factory or custom, and it has always helped me produce accurate loads (except one Ruger 30-06 that needed stock work), as apposed to when I did not practice break-in. Of course if you get good results without that is cool also.

Now what is so interesting about this M48 and my break-in is that I just put together some 120gr BT, 150gr BT and 130gr Sierra match loads but with out the special attention that I usually give to loads when I am trying to develop accuracy loads for hunting and shooting. For what I call run of the mill hand loads this rifle really shoots good. I can't wait to start my load development for my hunting loads where I pay special attention to every load and all the details I consider important in getting accuracy from my hand loads.

First target is 15 shot group of 120gr BT where I shot one round then clean for 15 rounds and after a few rounds you can see it starting to settle in.
    [​IMG]

Second target is 12 shot group of 150gr BT where I shoot three rounds then clean and it was looking good also.
    [​IMG]

Third target is two five shot groups with 130gr M/K HP where I shoot five then clean then adjust the scope 1/4" and shoot the next five without a fouling round. The five shot group to the right was the first five shot group and the second five group is the one on the left.
    [​IMG]

Now let me emphasis that these were not special loads, just some loads I used to get me through what I like to do with a new barrel, and they were all different weight bullets. This rifle will be in my opinion after today's break-in, a real winner. Can't wait to get to my load work for accuracy the first of next week. All my components will not be in until Friday. Also, the Weaver 6x power did fine holding zero and moved right where I moved it. Yes, I think I will have a good time with this rifle and at only 7.7 pounds in the field and shooting as good as it does, it will be a perfect spot an stalk rifle. Yes, glad I bought it. I will post results of my accuracy load work towards the end of next week.

I need to get it out of the way as Jordan and I will be hunting in Arizona the third week in November, then I will hunt in Tenn the first week, and the second week of December south of Baton Rouge, La. where I will be using this rifle on all three hunts.

10. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe New Member

Beautiful rifle and great groups. I have rifle envy.

11. bullet

bullet New Member

Yes, I have always had rifle envy, at least that is my excuse to buy the next one. :D

12. Wambli

Wambli Member

Knowing your shooting abilities I expected no less from this or any gun in your hands :D

Still a beautiful rifle!

13. bullet

bullet New Member

Wambi, I forget you are on this forum, and just want to tank you for those kind words. Not as much ego hear as in the other place but I like both places, or should I say I am hooked on the other place and like this place. Not sure that came out right??? :D

14. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Nice rifle!
    I really like the 7mm-08 cartridge that's what I started my son deer hunting with,good choice!

15. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe New Member

More pics! (I am living vicariously through your Nosler rifle)

16. bullet

bullet New Member

More coming tomorrow after a morning at the range as I begin my load work looking for my hunting loads.

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

bullet that's a very nice rifle and i have heard great things about the Nosler rifles. those groups were great for just some to try out. can't wait to see some that get more accurate than those there. they will probably look like one hole! good luck hunting with it.

18. Wambli

Wambli Member

Right enough, I know what you mean. I just want these folks to know I'm used to seeing little ragged holes on your targets, you know, what you call "groups" :D