My newest purchase

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by fmj, Mar 11, 2012.

1. fmj

fmj New Member

As mentioned earlier, in another post, i pulled the trigger on a PSA AR-15 in 5.56.

I picked it up from Sniperco on Fri. Went to the range on saturday and put her thru her paces.

At first i couldnt get it to strip the first round off the mag. (lubrication issue i am sure) when i finally got her to eat, she ran well. Worked on getting the irons sights dialed in at 50 and just feeling her out. Let the youngest have a go as well. Then before we left, i just HAD to "open her up" just once. Did a 30 round mag dump just as fast as my lil finger could work the lever, ran perfect. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the optics...i need to send the optics back to the factory...reticle is busted:mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The youngest getting the feel (and LOVING it)

[​IMG]

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Good deal. Nice looking AR. Sorry to hear about the optic though.

3. fmj

fmj New Member

Thanks

as far as the optics issue...bahh, it is what it is....just gonna have to take advantage of the lifetime warranty. Kinda chalking that one up to getting what you pay for...it was a GREAT deal even with busted reticle.

I did get some good film of it in action...but alas, it seems all my electronics are going to hell at once. I cant transfer anything from the camera to the computer. I had to pull the chip and put it in my daughters camera to transfer the pictures.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Post it up when you can.

5. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

What optic was it? Sweet lookin rifle. I drove past PSA a few weeks ago.

6. fmj

fmj New Member

Just a NcStar Mark III tactical...for the $60 i dropped on it, i aint squealing.

Today we begin the process to find out if the lifetime factory warranty is worth the paper its written on and what kind of turn around time is involved.

7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

If they don't honor the warranty and after you tell them to shove their product up their rear-end go to Primary Arms and get a PA Micro. Solid, the optic and Marshall (owner).

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I'd had a couple issues with Primary Arms RDS (micro and m4 clone) and every time I do, Marshall steps up and did it right the first time. (He took good care of me and replaced my unit with a new one with very few questions asked :)

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Save your shekels and get a Trijicon TA31 ACOG. :):)

Pricey as hell, but more than worth every penny.:p

10. fmj

fmj New Member

Aint paying as much (or more) for the optics then i paid for the gun!!

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Marshall at Primary has got something new on the way but he wont leak anything yet . :( He told me I will want one so who knows what it is but I will probably want one . LOL

12. fmj

fmj New Member

what would y'all suggest i use for mag well and mag. lube??

The mag doesnt like to slide home or come free too easily.

13. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Get new mags. sell the others. magpul makes great ones and they are inexpensive.

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Are the magazines empty or loaded. If loaded how many rounds?

15. fmj

fmj New Member

loaded and empty.

When loaded, packed full. 30 rds.

its a stock PSA mag...will bag more mags this weekend at the Indy 1500 gunshow.

16. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Drop down to 29 or 28 and see if that helps. I just got a few of their tan mags and they have worked decent so far.

Put light lube or your finger and rub it around the interior of the magwell.

It could be the that the mag release is to tight.

I hope it's not an out of spec magwell.

17. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

When I first completed my build, the lower did not like the aluminum mag I have but once it got a little wear in the magwell it was fine

18. fmj

fmj New Member

It doesnt seem out of spec...just gritty/tight. Will take some gun oil with me to the range today and rub a little on the mag lips and well.

this kinda what i am thinking/hoping is going on. Aluminum is a "gritty" metal by nature...it may just need to work into itself a bit.

It might just be a case of a new gun/new user being a bit paranoid.

I should prolly run a couple 50/100 mags thru it before i start thinking to much. Kinda let everything get broke in and mated to each other.