My newest AK acquisition!

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by str8upfirearms, May 19, 2016.

1. str8upfirearms

str8upfirearms New Member

Century Arms International C39 pistol (7.62x39)
    Enjoy!

Before:
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1463632078.904341.jpg

Now:
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1463632095.388888.jpg

Upgrades/Additions:
    CIA arm brace
    Hogue pistol grip
    MagPul hand guards
    MagPul angled forend grip
    Enhanced charging handle (can't remember brand)
    Tactical sling (can't remember brand
    Enhanced flash hider/muzzle brake

2. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

Have you shot it yet? What is the accuracy @ what distance?

3. str8upfirearms

I've only had it about a week and I haven't had the opportunity to take it out yet! The itch is unbearable. First impressions; it's built very well. Tight tolerances, quality feel, it appears to be a very well rounded firearm. I'll be sure to post a little review on this thread once I send a few down range...

4. DP03

DP03 New Member

This is a well built AK. Century got a reputation for its canted sights in the old days. Now the C39, with its milled receiver, is more solid than it's stamped competition and should last forever.

I have no idea how many rounds I have through my C39, but I do know that I've never, ever, had a malfunction of any kind. From Russian surplus ammo to Lapua, its been perfect.

5. postguns

postguns New Member

I like the after grip, have you change the color or you buy it?

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

It looks like the furniture was replaced.

7. str8upfirearms

It is an FDE Hogue aftermarket grip and replaced the original plastic pistol grip...

8. str8upfirearms

Among other modifications, yes

9. gripper

gripper New Member

I've heard of metallurgy issues with the gas piston and bolt groups... Something to keep an eye on. Better actual receiver and barrels than the RAS47 as well as quality of build, but you may wish to seek out spare bolt/BC/gas pistons.

10. Werminator

Werminator Member

I had a first gen c39 rifle and it seemed very well made in terms of tight tolerances and the fit and finish were great BUT the chamber was reamed so tight that I couldn't fire 3 shots consecutively in any brand or type of ammo. I was so disappointed that I appealed to the dealer I bought it from and received a refund quite easily...

11. str8upfirearms

Definitely something I will look further into, thank you! Any replacement recommendations?

12. str8upfirearms

I heard the 1st Gens had quite a few issues. I have put well over 500 rounds through this Gen 2, not a single issue to report. I'm not sure I like the canted (shark fin) front sight much but it is something I can get used to, I suppose...

13. gripper

gripper New Member

KVAR has BCGs and other parts...not Tapco cbeap,but not the worst. A few others are out there that can source Eastern European parts that may be adaptable to Century builds...give thanks it's not an RAS-47 you got...Right now, the best bangs for the bucks are going to be Zastava stuff like the M92/85 pistols,the NPAP and (harder to find) OPAP...the WASR 10's are better regarded now. The Draco... Straight up imports seem better than many US built Kalashniklones these days.

14. str8upfirearms

I have an M85NPAP pistol (Krinkov style) and I love it. Great, reliable and fun little pistol ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1485016863.473069.jpg

15. 1stmini

1stmini New Member

just bought a C39 myself ,first ak , not had a chance to shoot it yet, put a wrist brace on it [ now that the problems with them are gone ] and have more goodies coming

Attached Files:

16. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

My gen 1 C39 has been flawless with several thousand rounds on a Tula and Wolf only diet. It wasn't an issue but there were very pronounced tooling marks where the carrier rides on top of the receiver which made it cycle rough with an almost bolt hold open "feature". I could have waited 10,000 rounds for it to solve itself but decided to polish it with a whetstone, now it cycles extremely smooth. My only other complaint is the heavy barrel and very thick receiver gets hot and stays hot for a long time, thinking about a Zhukov rail from Magpul.

17. Werminator

Werminator Member

Will the zhukov fit? If I recall the first gen c39 had a nonstandard build related to it's furniture...

18. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

It is compatible but you do need to make some permanent modifications to the rifle. Cutoff the sling loop and hand guard retainer and then some minor dremmeling may be required... or so I've read! I'm still contemplating it as I think my rifle is beautiful with the dark brown wood furniture but the magpul furniture would make more practice but ugly.

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1496846885.717453.jpg