My newest addition

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by StainlessSteel215, Dec 22, 2012.

1. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

American Classic Commander duo-tone 4.25" barrel. Deep blue frame and hard polished chrome finish. 35oz empty and feels great....specially after I put on my Hogue grips w/finger grooves! Mmmmmmmm cant wait to fire her off in a few days! Not a bad gun for $550 and this is my first commander length 1911. I think for the extra $100 it feels and looks way better than Rock Island....I will do a range report once I get out there

Stripped it down & took the slide apart, man they cover these guns in crappy brownish factory lube and it was EVERYWHERE. The firing pin channel was really covered.

Anyways, here she is :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Looks great.
    Updates after your shooting session are anticipated.

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Man now you can change that crappy aviator. Lol jk I dont know why I have bin so hard on glocks today.

4. StainlessSteel215

Funny! I have an equal love for Glocks as 1911. Its like beauty and the beast....each one has a role in my safe and I love them equally!

5. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Nice addition!! Just one question. Is the grip rubber? I like the finger grooves in the grip.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yes, look to be Houge -

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I just bought a glock. There is definitely some things I hate about it. (Trigger, slide release, guide rod, the way you take it appart) but that's just me. I would trust it as far as reliability. But that's about as far as I go with it. Maybe after I do some work to it I will fell better about it.

But hey I love some 1911's and that isn't a bad one for the price. I might pick one up.

8. StainlessSteel215

Yessir I installed black rubber Hogue grips on it.
    Blends perfectly with the deep blue finish (it actually looks black). Yeah I wont get too ahead of myself until I shoot it, but the fit and finish and incredible for the price. Came with one black mac....looks like Mec Gar and it fits like a glove.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

That's one handsome looking 1911. [​IMG]

10. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I have an American Classic that I love to shoot. It's accurate and after more than 500 rounds through it it still has never misfired or jammed. I personally think they are extremely under rated.

11. StainlessSteel215

Thats VERY promising news, thanks for posting that Rhyno. Ive looked into Metro Arms for a while and this model has nothing but stellar remarks. Now, its not made of the finest steel on the planet and small things bother me like the grip safety spring is a bit on the weak side....and there is a stupid little design within the combat hammer....but dang it I love this little pistol and think this model stands proud among its competitors who charge double what this was!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  12. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

My Government Model is around 1000 round mark and hasn't had one problem. It has tolerated me feeding it all kinds of ammo, including a box or two of TulAmmo and my using mags from the $6 GI mags up to Wilson Combat mag. Instead, it rewards me by keeping most of the bullets in the center of the target.

13. StainlessSteel215

Sweet! I actually just picked up a new Wilson Combat black mag tonight. Cant wait to fire it off in a couple days

14. StainlessSteel215

ooohhhh yeah, this thing is sweet AND accurate.
    put 100 rounds of Remington UMC 230gr FMJ through it and not only did it feed every round with perfection.....the recoil on this thing was minimal.....partly due to the Hogue rubber grips which seemed to help absorb some recoil and keep a firm grip, Was hitting 5-6" groups from 18 yards which is accurate for me. What a beauty, love this gun already!

15. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

You won't mind if I am not surprised.:D

It looks like you're hooked now. It's so cool to read your report!

16. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Today I saw finger groove grips made of wood, it was really cool.

17. GLI45

GLI45 New Member

Not personally familiar with the brand, but if she shoots as good as she looks you are going to be one happy camper! Sweeeet!

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the MetroArms American Classic 19111's are like the RIA 1911's. very good pistols for the amount of money spent. they truly are one of the better values in relation the quality of the gun.

SS215, very nice looking pistol! enjoy it.:D

i am on my second AC 1911. i enjoyed the first one and hated to part with it, but i did none the less.

19. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I have a question about the RIA's, this RIA is not the same one from here in America, this one makes their guns in the Philippines correct?

20. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

RIA (Rock Island Armory) is manufactured by Armscor in the Philippines.

American Classic is manufactured by MetroArms, also in the Philippines.

They are separate companies from the same country.