My newest addition

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by JoshH, Sep 5, 2012.

1. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Just picked this up today.
    Remmy 700 SPS AAC-SD Tactical
    Vortex 4.5X14X40 scope,
    Just a start with plans for some upgrades to come. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Choot it! Oh yeah, buy some bulk ammo.

3. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

Very nice looking rifle. How about a suppressor since it's already threaded :D

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I suggest donating it to someone who could use a good varmint rifle. (me)

Nice look rifle man, give the 'yotes hell.

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 Active Member

im in love.. now see how it shoots

6. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Will post a range report after this weekend, can't wait to see how this thing groups! I have some Federal match 180 grain and some Hornady 168 grain rounds to start with, any suggestions on good ammo for the range of about 500 yards -/+?

7. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Ok here it is, got her all sighted in and took her to the 300 yard range. These are the results. I was shooting right a bit but to be honest I didn't have a spotting scope, just binoculars so I couldn't even see where I was hitting the target on the shots in the black.

Attached Files:

8. kalboy26

kalboy26 New Member

How do you like that scope? I've been thinking that might be a good upgrade for me. I have vortex binoculars and have loved them.

9. JoshH

JoshH New Member

I really like the scope. It's a Diamondback 4X14X40 to correct my earlier post. The glass is crystal clear and the best part is it has from what I understand, a basically unlimited lifetime warranty! I can smack it against a rock and send it in.

10. kalboy26

kalboy26 New Member

That's what sold me on the binoculars. Great glass, and phenomenal warranty. The glass seems to be as good as my dads leopaulds and better than my brothers nikons. Guess i will have to start checking out there scopes now.