My newest addition

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Gh0zt36, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

My new para 1911 gi expert . I love that for a lower end 1911 it's made in the US , Skeletonized trigger and hammer , Dovetail sights so if I get bored of the 3 dots I can put some trijicons or tru glo on it . Really good feeling piece. I also like it has the flat spring housing instead of the palm swelled. I'm quite impressed with it for the money. [​IMG][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

2. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

The GI expert is the best 1911 for the money. Only Downside is the 1911A1 non-integral feed ramps.

3. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Not familiar with non integral feed ramp. whats the problem? Cant it be fixed?

4. willfully armed

On newer 1911, the feed ramp is part of the barrel. On this gun, part of it is milled into the magwell.

Should feed fmj 100%. Flying ashtrays ....ie bucket mouthed HP and JHP maybe not.

5. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

yea I just saw that learning how to field strip it :( I probly would not have gotten it had I known. So this is no good for carry then . Cause ball ammo will run right through somebody into the innocent bystander behind them . GAHHHHH im sellin this piece ah range gun ****

6. willfully armed

Don't sell it, experiment with it.

If it'll run your desired brand of people killers, carry away.

Some folks say 100+ rounds .... F that. If it'll run 25 rds of your favorite carry brand, its good.

7. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Shoot it with all kinds of ammo and carry it.

Don't forget not to leave idiot marks on the frame.

PS. Very nice.

8. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Ok , Im already getting offers on it . Someone will trade a week old charter arms pitbull 40 S&W AND a S&W M&P 15-22 with bi pod case a few mags. Ill tell ya they got my interest peaked . whadya think?

9. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

The whole problem is I'm going to need wilson 47d mag to make it HALF way reliable before I can even test it to see if it will run my ammo of choice and I ONLY shoot that ammo Underwood so Im going to have to sink 67 or so bucks into the para BEFORE I even find out if it will shoot JHP :/ and I don't know if I'm comfortable with that and if it doesn't Ill have a whole box of ammo I cant use in any other gun .

Plus I hear that pitbull is quite a neat little gun and I get a 15-22 for plinking. tough call

10. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Give me the para and buy something else. Lol.

11. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

have you shot it yet? i think i'd at least try some hollow points before deciding that i absolutely need a new mag for it to work or deciding to get rid of it

12. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

make an offer :cool: comes with blackhawk serpa holster

13. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Wife has wallet and manhood in a vice. Lol. I'm not a para fan but I would at least shoot
    It and see how it goes. To each his own though.

14. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I mean honestly I dont even want it now. The non integral feed ramp ruined it for me plus Ive lightly handled it and the para kote is already coming off from seeing how it fit in the blackhawk holster :/ screw this thing lol

15. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

No brainer , The pitbull .40S&W stainless is awesome. Lifetime warranty . And it's a .40. The 125gr underwood golddot is 1100fps thats movin.

And the S&W M&P 15-22 is awesome. Bsa scope , Bi-pod .

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont see why you would have any problem with it, the 1911 wasnt designed to have the feed ramp made into the barrel. My High Standard has the same type of feed ramp and ive shot many different rounds through it without any problems. Its got over 1,300rds to its name without a single malfunction.

17. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I dunno , all I know is I'm happy with the .40 pitbull. My buddy had a charter for years and decades and he said it never failed. and the M&P is .22LR sniper it has a BSA 22 sweet 6-18x40 scope on it specifically designed for .22LR and is tragector compensated , high end range at 175 yards o_O . So it'll be a good small game food rifle if it ever needs to be.

18. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I knew I wasn't on the losing end . So to recap traded the para 1911 for the M&P 15-22 .22lr and a Charter pitbull .40S&W revolver and today a friend came by to check them out and a buddy he brought with him just fell over when he saw the decked out M&P 15-22 and offered me a Sig Sauer p239 .357 sig for it on the spot . said it had 77 rds exactly through it came with 4 mags a box of FMJ's and a Itac defense holster . Annnnnd I took it .

So essentially I got the sig p239 and the charter pitbull for the para. Id say I did good

Attached Files:

19. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member