My newest addition (m14srock here it is)

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by laynejc, Mar 19, 2011.

1. laynejc

laynejc New Member

A week ago today this rifle came into my family. So far it has fit in very nicely and is getting along with the others. It was a tough choice between this one and the kel tec RFB, in the end the rfb lacking the experience and qualifications is the reason it still resides with the dealer. This is a SAI M1A. Hopefully Ill get a day in the near future to take it to the range and see how accurate it is.

Attached Files:

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

A fine addition sir.

Watch out for that sibling rivalry though. :eek::D

3. Chapman87

Chapman87 New Member

as much as i like keltec, it would have no competition with that gun!

Nice pick!

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

An excellent choice. :cool:

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

A very nice choice in rifle, congrats.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

7. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

Very nice!
    I keep contemplating about one also, however, the sticker shock usually brings me back to reality. ;)

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Beautiful!!!

Is SAI shipping again with standard USGI style flash hider, or did you have that installed?

When do we get the range report?

How many CMI mags did you order from 44Mag.com? Copes has them, too for a great price.

Superior Shooting Systems Chrome silicon springs?

Bassett mount?

Desert Warrior cheek rest?

9. laynejc

laynejc New Member

Mags are coming from LRB, slightly cheaper. I purchased it used, so mine came with the flash hider. I dug some m118 out tonight so weather permitting, I will be at the range tomorrow. The rest is gonna wait for now, gonna concentrate on the getting the project going. I will post pics of it when it is done and back into my hands. Thanks for the info.

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Cool beans. What is the serial number range? Bolt markings? Barrel markings? Hammer? Oprod?

11. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Congrats on the M1A acquisition! I dearly love mine!

So are we getting enough M1A owners on the FTF to get our own section like the Mini-14 guys have?

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Do we get to pool the total number of rifles, or is it based on the total number of owners?:p

13. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

M14:

If it was just the number of rifles you would have your very own M1A section! However, I think I have seen an increase in the number of M1A owners as of late....so maybe?

14. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I think we are seeing an increase in the number of M14 owners, too. About dam time, too!

Gonna need a M14 picture thread pretty soon....

15. laynejc

laynejc New Member

The op rod and the barrel are marked TRW, the trigger pack is unmarked except for some numbers. It was too windy for me to head to the range today, maybe tomorrow.

16. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Cool! That means you have USGI oprod and barrel. A VERY good thing. Is the number 7790190 stamped on it?

17. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Start one. I like to dream :eek::rolleyes:

18. laynejc

laynejc New Member

That is the stamping, it also has a D at the end. What is the stamping? The trigger pack says7267030-?
    I am hoping that the weather will co-operate a little better tomorrow so I can make it to the range.
    The M14/M1A deserves its own section.

19. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

That barrel stamping is for a standard weight chrome lined tube. NICE!

Let's see a pic of your trigger group markings. Could be an SAI commercial part. OR, there could be more numbers behind the 7267030, which would denote USGI.

No matter, you have an outstanding rifle.

20. laynejc

laynejc New Member

Made it to the range today, 100 yards open sights set on the lowest setting. I was satisfied my vision isnt the best so I think if I was to throw a scope on it would get much smaller. Anyone know where to get the sage stock cheap? How about the JAE gen2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011