My new yote gun

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by purehavoc, Nov 16, 2011.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My new yote gun, Savage Axis

Savage Axis .223 , reworked trigger , bipod , replacement scope, left the original in the box it looked kinda cheap and might be a good replacement for the one on my .22 . Anyway , here she is
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

looks good! enjoy it now!:D

3. opaww

opaww New Member

Sweet looking

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Not bad at all! You may find that Bushnell (that is a new bushnell Trophy?) Is not quite up to the task. I put a Bushnell Trophy 4-12x42mmAO on my CZ527 Varminter in .223 and it was terrible. I bought a Sightron SII 6.5-20x42mmAO and could not be happier. Glass makes a huge difference.

5. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

Sweet. You will have to keep us posted on how it shoots. I am interested in buying one of these in 22-250 for a "throw in the pickup and bounce around" type gun.

6. jpattersonnh

That is cruel! I may pick apart the scope, but to a working class guy this maybe a significant purchase. OP, I am sorry for my comments. I hope it works as planned.

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hey man your not going to hurt my feelings the scope it comes with is a POS, the trophy scope I have is a older model but still new ,I have had it for 7-8 yrs ,I bought it when it was on sale and never bought the gun to go with it and it sat on a shelf in the closet . LOL Its gonna have to do until after Christmas is over then I will have some extra cash for something a little bigger powered scope , I would like to have something with MIL dots in it

8. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

I'm sorry, I didn't really read my own post very well before submitting it. I didn't really mean it as a demeaning statement and I apologize if it came over that way.

What I really meant is that I don't want to go spend $1000 for a gun with a nice wood stalk because I would be using it as a gun I would take in the pickup with me when I go out to my inlaws ranch and it tends to be pretty rough out there. I would hate to scratch up a nice wood like that. If I could find a good synthetic for a good price that shoots good, I would be all over it. I have heard some really good things about the Axis guns so I think it would be something that would totally work for what I want it for. You kinda know what I mean?

9. Axxe55

mrb1982, if you are interested, Marlin has the XS7VH in 22-250, has heavy, 26" varmint barrel and synthetic stock. i paid $370 for mine, NIB. pretty accurate. mine is the 308. just something to think about.

10. jpattersonnh

Sorry again anyways. An older Trophy you say. I have an older Trophy on a .22wmr, been there for 18 (?) years. I liked the amber glow optics for low light. It has been excellent. The other one was purchased about 3 years ago and although it looked the same, it did not perform as expected. It now sits on a Marlin 917V. Works fine on that rig for shorter distances out to 120 yards.

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I probably missed the post stating how well it shoots?:eek:

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have been busy and havent had the opportunity to get it out yet , not to mention it has been super windy here all week . Atleast I got it bore sighted for 100 so Im hoping to get it zeroed for 200 this weekend

13. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

Cool. I always like a lot of options. I kinda want a standard barrel rather than a heavy barrel for this gun though. I have been kinda looking at the Weatherby Vanguards a little bit too.

14. Axxe55

mrb, they have it in the sporter barrel too, camo stock, stainless steel too.:D check out the Marlin website for the different options.

15. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Yep they damn marlins shoot as good as any stock savage, have adjustable triggers, very well built,cant go wrong with the x7 rifles I have 3 now, love shootin them, the recoil pads are great also

16. Axxe55

mulie, you back from hunting? i know what you mean about the Marlins, i have three myself and plan on adding some more in the future. they are IMO, one of the best entry level rifles, that doesn't act like one, accurate, adjustable triggers, well made and finished. not what a person would expect from a budget rifle. Marlin hit a homerun on the X7 series of rifles.:D

17. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

from what I am seeing online, they only have the 22-250 in the heavy barrel. That wouldn't be terrible though. I would be used to the weight as I shoot a sendero for a hunting rifle

18. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I put the laser bore sighter in and it was pretty close so about 1/2 turn on each knob and the dot was in the cross hairs . Now to just get out there. It has been windy as all get out the past week 15-30 mph winds so no fine tuning today either

19. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Someone tell me what a yote is.