My new XDM 9mm 3.8

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Cazper23, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Cazper23

Cazper23 New Member

My first gun and I made it a XDM 9mm 3.8 19+1 .... All ready to kill some paper this weekend... Ill post range report tomorrow

ForumRunner_20120309_195011.jpg

2. ShadowForce

ShadowForce New Member

I look forward to your range report. I'm close to making my first purchase as well. What helped you to decide on the XD(M)?

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Congrats! Those things are a lot of fun to shoot.

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Enjoy...XDm's are great!..love to hear the rr.

5. chazzy

chazzy New Member

I bought the xd9 sub....and I absolutely love it....you got yourself a great gun. You won't be disappointed, especially after you get the right bsckstrap on....ENJOY!!!! I'm going to the range today as well

6. Cazper23

Cazper23 New Member

I rented it from one of my local gun range. It shot awsome and I liked the ammo capacity.

7. nuttz

nuttz New Member

I'm jealous of your choice in first handguns. I have a few pistols myself and just finished my concealled handgun class. In north carolina i could only get an appointment as early as the 22nd. Eveyone has been saying that the xdm 9mm compact is a good overall concealled gun. Need to wait till i get my permit and then i believe i will purchase my own xdm. Please post your range report for my personal benefit!

8. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

There's really no need to wait, they're available with or without a CC permit :p

Attached Files:

• XDm.jpg
      XDm.jpg
      File size:
      29.2 KB
      Views:
  9. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Thats great man my new pistol is going to be the full size 3.8 in .45, im ordering it from powder river all suited up bi-tone and slide lightened a hair. Excited!!

10. Cazper23

Cazper23 New Member

Ok, this weekend I was sick but I was a trooper and eent to the range anyway. My brother and mother went with me. We put 300 rounds down range and didnt have any jams or hickups with it. It eat evrrything we gave it. We shot 100 blazers rounds and 200 walmart federal rounds. The xdm is truely a great gun. we went through 3 zombie targets at ranges from 10 yrds to 25 yrds and all 3 targets are swiss zombies now lol. That saus alot seeing how the 3 of us are no where near marksmen by all means. This saturday ill go by myself and get a better report for you guys. When I get home from work ill post pictures of the zombie targets we shot.

11. nuttz

nuttz New Member

Thanks a lot for the feedback on your range report. I spent a few minutes at my local gun shop today and couldnt believe the lack of choices they have. I guess I will have to go through the enternet.Still cannt deside between the 9mm 3.8 barrel or the longer barrel.

12. Cazper23

Cazper23 New Member

I'm not a very good shot, yet. But with this gun I was able to do this at 15 yards.. 17/19 is not to bad for only shooting a pistol a couple times in my life.

ForumRunner_20120324_131636.jpg

13. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Nah not bad. Get used to a proper grip and some practice and youll do that at 50 yards easy in tine :)

14. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Consistent grip, practice dry firing - it will save you $$$ in ammo, keep Tgt close until you can consistently group then you have a choice: speed it up or move it out . I was amazed how much the grip impacted POI on my XDM.

15. mussmuggins

mussmuggins New Member

Walked into a local gunshop & the manager was in the middle of a trade. LEO was trading an XDm 3.8 9mm, 6 mags, box & all the stuff. Agreed on a price before he finished the trade. Going to the H.R. 218 quals with it in middle of Ict.

16. arober1990

arober1990 New Member

Hey congrats on the gun choice, I too just bought my first gun ever, an xd9, and love it already! Mine was NIB but I kinda wish it had been loved on by an LEO a little, everything seems a lil stiff on the gun so far.

17. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Cool!...curious what he traded for. SIG?, Glock?

18. mussmuggins

mussmuggins New Member

19. Brettad789

Brettad789 New Member

In about a week away from buying an xdm 9mm 3.8 compact. Reading everyone's post about how great and how reliable they are is getting me pretty excited.

20. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Yeah...it's a great choice. It's really a comfortable shooter. I have a bi-tone...you?