My new under 21 CCW

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by jon1992d, Feb 6, 2012.

1. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

So after looking around for a while at alternatives to handguns for a personal protection carry I finaly found something that works out pretty good.

The Ruger Stealth Concealed Carry Pepper Spray. It will go pretty good with my Gerber personal defence blade even though I dont often carry my knife due to concealment trouble. Anyways the way it works is the ruger symbol slides down revealing a blue switch that releases the acual pepper spray and the orange clip unlocks the press to release the spray. It clips on my belt perfectly and can spin in any direction for comfort.

ForumRunner_20120206_234548.jpg

ForumRunner_20120206_234644.jpg

ForumRunner_20120206_234653.jpg

ForumRunner_20120206_234630.jpg

ForumRunner_20120206_234716.jpg

Attached Files:

2. vincent

vincent New Member

That's pretty cool, I think everyone should carry a non-lethal 1st option. You're a smart man Jon..:cool:

3. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Thanks very much :) it costs a lot less than a pistol too. It ran me $12 and refill cans are $3.

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

That is a good secondary option to a firearm,so is a Taser. Although i would not recommend carrying a non lethal/less than lethal option with a firearm. If you are ever in a SD situation where you use your gun to stop a threat,even if you are 100% justified in doing so the court will tear you up. Their argument " if you were carrying pepper spray ,that means that you had a non lethal option at your disposal, but instead you chose to shoot and kill mr Dirtbag jr."i dont want the extra stress and headache.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Before the department i worked for got Tasers,i went through a can of pepper spray a month. I firmly believe that you need to know first hand how potent your spray is. All sprays arent created equal, trust me.Does it say what the SHUs are for your spray?

6. vincent

vincent New Member

Definitely see what you're saying, better safe than Bubba's pillow.

7. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

The only reason im carrying the pepperspray and not a handgun is becuase im under 21. Belive me I would feel much safer with a 1911 on my side. But as for now I would rather have pepper spray than nothing. Atleast buys me time untill the profesionals show up :). Im not sure on the info of the spray. I have bought 3 of them and test sprayed them before buying this one to carry. Ive been sprayed once by a police officer in a pepper spray training class during my senior year at a tech career school for emergency responce tech. And I got a good bit during another class from backdraft of the spray in the wind. That milk seems useless to help the burning go away lol

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Dang straight, even LEOs have to fight that argument in court. When i started carrying the X26 i did away with my spray all together.

9. vincent

vincent New Member

Well now what am I supposed to put in my left pocket??? Dangit, where's that LCP thread...:D

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I totally understand,it is a good option since your not 21 yet. Pepper spray is nasty stuff, my preferred brand is Sabre Red, i always got instant results whenever i used it, its bad stuff. Ive been sprayed a total of 6 times during different trainings, water and milk only help as your running it on your face. For the most part it has to dissipate on its own

11. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

I pray I'm immune to the stuff:p
    By the way, I know you probably already know, but if ever you spray someone, if they run, make sure to call authorities really quick. If the guy stumbles in front of a car or anything... Not good:p

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ya i put it on my scrammbled eggs every morning :)

13. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Lol was supposed to say pray.