My new toy

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JoshH, Mar 5, 2012.

1. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Well here it is guys. I decided on the Springfield 5" GI and I'm really happy with the purchase so far. Sticker on it was $600 but I talked the dealer down to $500 plus he threw in a Chip Mccormick mag and a hard case free just to make the sale! What can I say I drive a hard bargain:) total out the door cost was $532.50.. Range report will be coming soon.

Attached Files:

2. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

That looks sweet.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Ya done good Josh!

Now go out and get her dirty. [​IMG]

4. vincent

vincent New Member

Attached Files:

5. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Thanks gentlemen now I just have to resist the urge to tinker until I get about 500 rounds through her. Cane thanks for all your good knowledge on her man! I'm sure I will be tapping into your expertise again as my Springer and I grow together!

6. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Heres a couple of short guns I got. I left out the 8 assorted rifles I have but perhaps I'll post them on a different thread. Finally got my first 1911, next will be a Colt for sure though. Just gotta save that dough!

Attached Files:

7. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Is that a new gun? They come new with a case and some cheap holster and mag carrier for about $550 if you can find one. You still got a good deal.

8. JoshH

JoshH New Member

It is used but only 50 rounds through it. I had the dealer take it down for me to check for any unusual wear marks or scratches but this gun looks almost flawless! I don't know about where your from but you cannot find a new one here in Utah and used ones are going from $550 to $650. When I asked a couple of dealers why so much they say it's supply and demand. I actually had one on back order for like 2 months now but got sick of waiting.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well, at least you did'nt use the term "BREAK IN" :p

10. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Haha yea don't wanna turn this thread into a crying festival for Glock lovers ;)

11. shootah45

shootah45 New Member

Nice I can hear crying already!! Good luck

12. shootah45

shootah45 New Member

It's pretty sad I can't purchase A Springfield,Kimber& The list goes on Massachusetts has The most asinine firearm law's & Restrictions especially since Springfield Armory Historic museum is an hr drive from my house.

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

One word: "MOVE"

The "Gunshine State" would be a good landing spot. :p