My new Taurus 942 22WMR

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Rancid, Sep 28, 2020.

1. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I heart my Taurus .22, but I have never been charged by a wounded spruce hen.
    I will not stake my life on a Taurus product.
    Ymmv.

2. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

I am a retired gunsmith and gunseller. My two carry revolvers are both Taurus. I have nothing against S&W or Ruger ot Colt. If I could have found a Ruger 3" .357 I might be carrying one of those instead of one of the Tauruses. No one made a 4" fixed sight .44 Spl. for my woods carry gun but Taurus. Many years with never a hiccup on either. I did have a few issues with customer's firearms, but at least Taurus trusted me to take them apart and order parts under warranty.
    I have never owned a Ruger - except a Single Six - that did not benefit accuracy wise from opening up the barrel where they squeezed it down screwing it into the frame.
    I have seen 4 or 5 S&W 686s that came out of the box and locked up solid upon trying to cock them. Brand new under warranty so I didn't mess with them. All were made right.
    All manufacturers will occasionally have issues. I received a beautiful pair of consecutively numbered Colt SAAs, and one of them was way out of time. As usual, Colt handled everything great. When you look at how guns are made and put together, it's mostly a Chevy vs Ford argument in my opinion.

Oldoutlaw, Rifling82 and Rancid like this.

3. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

I know folks who do- not a 22, but a 44

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member Supporter

Freefall, if someone ever tries to assault me, they will be staking their life on a Taurus product ... my Taurus 605 ... and their chances of survival are not good, not good at all, their chances are 100% LOUSY because it is 100% reliable ... and accurate. ;)

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is only an opinion. Don't forget to pull your ripcord ... that is if you didn't forget your parachute. :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    BullMoose429 likes this.
  5. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

According to the CDC 85% of people who are shot with a handgun survive the experience

6. Rancid

How about when shot in the head or the face with a 357? At 5 - 7 yards it is hard to miss ... if you are anywhere near proficient. I don't think any will survive with the back of their head blown off.

7. Trunk Monkey

Proficient people don't carry Tauri

8. BullMoose429

I know a master bear hunting guide who carries a Taurus 44. As a guide he’s taken over 40 bear- would you say he isn’t proficient?

9. Rancid

Well, sorry to bust your bubble, but I am certainly proficient enough to quickly place a shot in the head at 7 yards and I carry a Taurus 605 357 ... and when in black bear country I carry a .41 magnum Taurus Tracker.

10. Rancid

What I want to know from those who bash Taurus is how many Taurus revolvers have they owned? If none, as I suspect is most if not all, they have no idea what they are even talking about.

BullMoose429 likes this.
  11. BullMoose429

I used to have one and thought it was great. My next revolver will probably be a Taurus 38 or 357

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. freefall

I thought you were ignoring me!
    Deception, deception, deception.
    It's a sorry effing world when you can't trust an enemy's claim of hatred. Sigh.

13. Trunk Monkey

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...rop-fire-gun-defect-class-action-settles-38m/

14. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

Well said! Maybe you should keep it in mind too...;)

15. Rancid

Sorry, but what I said in the post that you copied this snippet from is not my opinion, it is fact. If someone tries to assault me they will be trusting their life to my Taurus 605 and their prognosis for survival is LOUSY because my 605 has proven to be totally 100% reliable for over 1,000 rounds and is very accurate. That is not an opinion, it is hard fact.

And it is easy enough to test if you're really foolish. ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  16. AgedWarrior

No, it is your opinion or even your imagined or intended outcome of a possible future event that has never yet occurred. Maybe you want and even intend for it to become fact, but it isn’t, by your own words. As to the performance of your revolver, that too is your opinion. Mind you, I am not badmouthing your gun (though I don’t at all care for Taurus), just saying, the performance of your revolver is your opinion. Heck, we are all real happy you like your revolver; that is the way it ought to be! But most folks here might also remember how you introduced yourself to the forum by way of questioning the attitudes towards Taurus firearms; okay you are a Taurus fan, but it seems you wish to fight with everyone who isn’t a Taurus fan; to what end? Enjoy your revolvers! We are glad you love em!

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  17. Rancid

I would say 1,000 rounds with absolute reliability is a pretty hard fact to refute. ;) You may not choose to believe me, but that's your choice and your opinion, and testing such a possible future event will just get you killed, so you won't do that. ;) And to what end have you picked a fight with me? I enjoy this forum because it isn't totally dominated by anti-Taurus bigots and so far it is the only firearms forum I have found that isn't, and I had no intention of joining another one that is, which is why I introduced myself here in the way that I did. I have given you my facts. You choose to call me a liar and pick a fight. I am not one for utterly pointless arguments so I choose to hit your "ignore" button now so this line of insulting B.S. won't continue.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  18. AgedWarrior

You don’t seem to grasp the difference between fact and opinion or even intentions. Oh well, hit the ignore; I can live with that.

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  19. freefall

Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Ignored!

Oldoutlaw and AgedWarrior like this.
  20. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I owned one for about a week. Hate to bust your bubble but it's fit and accuracy wasn't up to my standards. To be honest I'm a certified S&W nut and I'm sure there's a Taurus somewhere that I could appreciate.

Rifling82, Oldoutlaw and AgedWarrior like this.