My New Taurus 24/7 9mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dunerunner, Nov 30, 2008.

1. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I finally got to the range to fire my new Taurus 24/7 9mm Pro. This is the first SA/DA Auto I've owned but I couldn't beat the price or the feel of this handgun. At the range....It appears I have some work to do. The 24/7 isn’t my Colt 1991A1!! At 30 feet, I was in the body of the silhouette but all over the target. If I were to call the grouping within a 1 foot circle, that would be conservative.

I was concerned I had forgotten how to shoot, pulled out the .45 and fired seven in the head of the silhouette...OK! Maybe it's the long trigger pull of the 24/7 or me having to get used to the gun or maybe that it wasn't pouring rain but either way, I have work to do.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. docholiday

docholiday New Member

It's hard to beat the dependability and cost effectiveness of the Taurus 24/7 series. They are a rock solid pistol in any caliber. You will get used to it.

3. 741512th

741512th New Member

Remember the "set point." (Maybe others call it something else). That moment with a DA where you can feel the gun about to go off. Pull the trigger until the set point, briefly pause and re-aim, then pull the last little bit. After some practice, it becomes easy and natural.

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Thanks..the trigger break is different, when my son-in-law shot the pistol he thought the safety was on. Some dry firing and familiarization with the weapon was definately called for prior to hitting the range. Had I realized he hadn't shot for 12 years, that's exactly what we would have done.

5. MYNEWSONG

MYNEWSONG New Member

let me know if you want to sell it

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  6. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Both of my 24/7's were very accurate guns. Mebbe you got a warranty issue.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

You may not have noticed, but this thread is from over a year ago. Some people get huffy when the new guy bumps the old thread, so a PM might be slicker. ;)