My new target killer

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by NY Marksman, Mar 23, 2010.

1. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

I just got it put together tonight. It is put built using a Stag 5.56 Lower with an A2 stock. The upper was purchased from Pk firearms and has an 18 inch Sabre Defence stainless fluted barrel with vortex flash hider (which I will have to have changed to a Muzzle Brake tomorrow due to NY laws), YHM 12inch diamond pattern handguard and Troy Industries rail covers. The optic is a Weaver V24 6-24 x 42 with a Burris P.E.P.R. one peice mount. Once the muzzle brake is installed I will get it out to the range and see how it shoots.

[​IMG]

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

REALLY nice rifle, post a range report after you get her out!

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Looks good!

(Not to be a buzzkill, but a threaded barrel is a no-no in NYS without a pre-ban lower. You can have a break pinned by a gunsmith.)

4. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

SSWWEEEET !! Looks like you got a tackdriver there.

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Very cool Marksman

Can't wait to here the report.

6. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

Just a quick update (just in case the ATF is watching) the upper is now in the shop having the Muzzle Brake permanently attached.

7. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Just out of curiosity, what is the reasoning about not being able to have a flash hider? :confused:

8. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

NY State law prohibits flash hiders (which must also be permanently attached), Bayonet lugs and telescopic stocks (unless they are pinned in place).

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  9. amoroque

amoroque New Member

let me rephrase that. What is the govts reason for that?

10. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Those flash hiders are bad news man. They'll kill ya in a heartbeat.:D

-Fred

11. bkt

bkt New Member

The reason is our state Assembly and Senate are comprised of idiots.

New York is home to legislators who think a barrel shroud is "that shoulder thing that goes up" and therefore must be banned, that "heat-seeking bullets must be banned", and that frangible bullets must be banned because they're armor-piercing. Seriously. That's what we have to work with.

New York allows a maximum of two "evil" features which include a pistol grip, bayonet lug, removable magazine, collapsible stock, etc. An AR has a removable magazine and pistol grip, therefore the stock must not collapse, the bayonet lug must be ground off, the barrel either has to have nothing on the end (no threads) or have a muzzle break silver-soldered and pinned.

These are arbitrary, pointless laws that serve no purpose other than to make life difficult for New Yorkers.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  12. amoroque

amoroque New Member

yep, totally understand that. I was just racking my brain wondering why features like that would be illegal.

Thanks for your reply.

13. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

You're actually asking for a logical reason from the government?? :eek::D:eek:

14. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

Who knows why the goverments pass the moronic laws they do. Liberal Democrats decide that they don't like something and the next thing you know there is a law against it.

Actually NY adopted the 1994 Assault weapons Ban even though Assault weapons are illegal but they don't seem to realize that AR 15's are not assault weapons.

15. JoeParker

JoeParker New Member

Very nice rifle Marksman!

16. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

I figuerd that since I got the Muzzle Brake put on I might as well post the picture of it as it is now.

[​IMG]

17. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Looking good, but that is a tiny magazine. :D

18. NY Marksman

NY Marksman New Member

It is the largest mag NY Law allows legally (10 Rounds).

19. Steelersfan

Steelersfan New Member

Great looking rifle...glad I don't live in New York.;)

20. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

And to add to the lunacy, there has NEVER been a conviction, indictment,prosecution, or a charge filed since the enactment of 922r , or other "evil features" legislation by the Federal Government. Don't know about State level. Anybody in prison in NY for a flashhider violation? LOL:D:eek: