My new sig

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by Flatman6, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Flatman6

Flatman6 New Member

I was at the LGS today and they had just gotten their first P320 in stock. I have been reading about them for a while and once I held it, I was sold. I will be heading to the range tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes.

Attached Files:

2. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats on the addition

3. Flatman6

Flatman6 New Member

Thanks! Does anyone have one? I would be interested to know your thoughts on accuracy, recoil, etc.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Does it have that squishy dragging your finger through oatmeal feel that m&p and glocks have??

I would like to see how it stacks up to an xdm. Its got almost all the same features except for being single action and a grip safety(one of my favorite features)

5. Flatman6

Flatman6 New Member

The trigger actually feels pretty crisp. Granted, I have only been dry firing it, but it feels like a better break than glock or m&p imo. I will let you know after tomorrow's trip to the range how it feels with live ammunition.

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Interesting. Don't know much about this gun...what caliber?

Looks like a big-boy sized P250. To this point I've been unimpressed with all P250 variants, but plenty of good shooters like them. They do seem to be reliable enough. But count me among those who generally defer to alloy when it comes to Sigs...and no, that's not to say I'm anti-tupperware. I just prefer what XDm, and even Glock, FN, and S&W have to offer. The P250's I've shot just don't fit me great. Really don't like the trigger.

But I do think the P250 design has tremendous potential. Maybe it'll be realized with the P320, or perhaps it'll require further development. Regardless, if it's 100% reliable and fits you right...then my take should be worth exactly what you're paying for it.

Looks good. Hope it performs like a champ for you!

7. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

I too have been unimpressed by the p250 but we shall see how well this model performs. The striker fire setup my work well if it has a decent reset.

8. DP03

DP03 New Member

Can't wait to hear about it. To date, I love anything Sig!! I've had, and have, at least 5 different models. Absolutely love every one!!

9. EASHER1968

EASHER1968 New Member

I think the P320 has the best trigger of any poly/striker gun bar none. I have a friend who was in love with his new PPQ and when my P320 came in, he wanted to go to the range and compare them. After a couple of hours of shooting, my friend sold his PPQ and got a P320. I have had many glock and xd fans tell me that they will be ditching their guns for the P320 after they have shot mine. The trigger breaks so much cleaner than any other poly gun and the sights are much better than all the other guns too. The best part about the P320 is that it has the tack driving accuracy that Sig is known for.

10. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

That's good? How well does it handle recoil n such compared to say the 250?

11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Flatman.

Looks like a nice pistol! I like others are awaiting your report on the new Pistol.
    I have never seen or felt one! Keep us informed, range report and pictures!
    Congrats! On the new weapon!

12. grichardt

grichardt New Member

I have the full sized. I'm left handed so I switched the mag release to the opposite side. I love the gun, like shooting it may be more than my 1911 scorpion. Took the p320 to my first IDPA match and functioned flawlessly. It's a great gun.

13. grichardt

grichardt New Member

Very little recoil. I feel like an air soft pistol. Very controllable

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Just a nice pistol. Held one at SHOT. Had a run down from a company trainer,..very good concept

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

15. Flatman6

Flatman6 New Member

Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. I am a Realtor and the market in Phoenix is great right now. Can't complain about that, but i have been really busy. I have taken the Sig out several times since my first post and it shoots flawlessly. I am shocked at how good the trigger is being striker fired. I would say it is just about on par with my 1911. The ergonomics of the full size medium are incredible, at least for my hands. The real treat in shooting this pistol is the accuracy. Sig definitely lives up to it's reputation with the p320. It is an absolute tack driver with minimal recoil. I had three inch groupings at 25 yards (I know that some of you are laughing, but that is very good for me.) All in all, one of my favorite pistols and if any of you are contemplating picking one up I don't think you will have much, if anything at all to complain about. I sure don't.
    P.S. pics to follow

16. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Three inch grouping at 25yds is excellent in my opinion. Generally, half of that can be written off to the limitations of the shooter (even excellent shooters). Three inches at 25ft is plenty acceptable for anything but competitive shooting, IMO.

I'm currently in the market for a medium/high capacity polymer 9mm. Right now I'm kinda leaning toward a CZ P-07. Also looking at the XDm9 5.25", G17/19, Sig P2022, among others. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a P320 before I buy.

I'm glad you're satisfied with your purchase. That's really all that matters.

17. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I went with the P07 and am thrilled it has the accuracy of the 75B's. The trigger on the CZ was a lot more to my liking as well. The real issue for me is I prefer SA/DA to striker fire, I could not logically explain why I just do. Difference in the way the trigger breaks maybe. I did look real hard at the Sig offerings, and because of that will be on the market for a P220 at some point.

Looks like the Baby Eagle, the CZ, the P320 and a few others all have the same Daddy in terms of the scalloped slide, etc.