My new saiga 7.62x39

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Pjj342, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

Ok I finnaly got it. I am wondering when EAA produced saiga rifles. But anyways I put on a t6 and clear 30rd mag. I love it, now I need to shoot it.

Attached Files:

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Very nice. Great pics too. We will need a range report ASAP.

3. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

I cant wait to shoot it!!

:cool:
    I should be getting out this weekend. We shall see, the action is smooth, the sights are acceptable, Sight block 1or2mm(maybe less) to the left but I hear that is common. The only problem I had was the BHO spring came off and took me an hour to put back on, I bent it in place and it should be fine. It chambers rounds from the surefire mag as fast as I can pull the handle back. I think It it should shoot like any other AK..

gotta take nice pics, thats my baby

4. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Very nice indeed! :cool:

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

The SAIGAs are pretty nice. My friend has one and it shoots like a dream. fast shooting and good groupings even from crappy Russian ammo.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Good luck with it this weekend!

7. TAT2TOMMY

TAT2TOMMY New Member

very nice man:) im loving the mags!!!! because of NY state im not aloud to have either of the mags and they do make a big diffrence.... but congrats on the amazing buy:)

8. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

9. TAT2TOMMY

TAT2TOMMY New Member

so there is a kit for that stock and pistol grip? please hook me up on the info for that im intrested to doing that to my saiga

10. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

How do you like the feel of that stock and pistol grip combo, it looks like it would feel awkward.

11. Pjj342

Pjj342 New Member

not bad at all

Its probably not the most comfortable on your shoulder to pull in real tight. al I am 5'7 with a shorter pull than alot of guys, Im using it on the third notch from closed(each notch is about one inch,five notches). There would be ample spacefor most, your arms would have to be really long for this stock to be too short. In the pics this doesnt look like the case at all, if anything it does look a little awkward. To shoot it is a different story.
    Alll I notice about using this pistol grip in the saigas stock config, is your front grip hand is back that two inches the trigger is moved back. If the pistol grip was moved up, I would probably be comfortable using the stock 1 clicks from closed and that shortening would bring my forward hand up. Other than that, works great for short range, havent had it on a rest yet.
    It may not have the ergonomics your combat rifle does but it did really well for me, I WAS surprised.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011