My new Ruger LCP

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by FlBob518, Jul 9, 2010.

1. FlBob518

FlBob518 New Member

After much welcome advice from FirearmsTalk, I settled on a Ruger LCP. No picture needed, if you have not seen one, you must live in a cave. I had a Taurus TCP and it had FTE right out of the box.

I put a Crimson Laser on it and took it to the range. I tried it without the laser for 50 rounds, I was horrible... shooting mostly low, probably because of the long trigger pull. It is long!

Then I used the laser. Even though the light on the target moved around and shook like a tree full of owls, I actually shot the numbers on the target, not just the rings! After about 25 rounds, I learned to control the shaking by about 90 percent and virtually could not miss at 20 feet. I will probably never need to shoot at a greater distance. For all you anti-laser people out there... for a small snappy handgun, try it, you'll never go back. I was hitting as good at with my old S&W K-22!

It was so nice shooting a .380 without jams!

I liked it so much, I bought one for my daughter. She wanted the rasberry colored one, but I talked her out of it as it would be more noticable in her purse, plus I don't think her Army Ranger Sgt. husband would ever use it! She said I was right and went with black.

Buy the way, I tried two holsters for a LCP with Laser from Elite Survival Systems and they are way too tight. They are refunding my money, but refuse to admit a mistake. Beware.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Glad you got a LCP. I got one for Mother's Day and I love it!!!!:D

3. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

thats great ive never had a laser but ive used a lot red dot scopes, and they will make you a better shot. once again glad of like your LCP

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You should have got your daughter the raspberry Elsie Pea.

My daughter loves her's and after your post, I think I will look into a laser for her.

[​IMG]

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Should have got the sexy engraved version.
    LCPscroll.jpg LCPtop.jpg

Pictures are always needed.:D

6. RugerShootinGal

I would like to see the picture of it. Please!!!:)

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

NO! The Raspberry version, damn it Shihan, I love my daughter more than you love RSG!

Thats why you got her a plain black Elsie Pea with scratches all over it!

[​IMG]

Do they make a raspberry laser?????

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

You are right!

Don't tell her that they are scratches, she thinks it was meant to be like that.:D

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Sorry bro!

10. RugerShootinGal

Hey I thought you were on my side Cane I see how you fellows stick together!!!Revenge is sweet LOL:p

11. FlBob518

FlBob518 New Member

Picture!

Ok, you can't get more boring, but here is a picture of my LCP. Now I am feeling guilty I didn't get my daughter the rasberry one that she wanted. No, Crimson Laser does not make a rasberry color.

Attached Files:

12. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like your LCP. Mine never leaves my pocket. It's BUG for my .45.

13. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I'm interested in the long trigger pull of the LCP. My wife is starting to get interested in the idea of a CHL and carrying a little gun in her pocket. She does well with full-size 9mm, but for a mouse gun, she'll need either .38 or .380 for the lighter recoil.

Only considering the trigger pull: LCR or LCP easier to control? I see Cane on this thread and you have fired both, I presume.

14. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I'm not Cane but I've fired both. The trigger is much better on the LCR than it is on the LCP. If she has problems squeezing the trigger on the LCP then the LCR is perfect due to it's unique DAO trigger. Have her try (handle & shoot if possible including dry firing)both and see which fits HER needs better.

15. FlBob518

FlBob518 New Member

My daughter found that she did not want the bulk of the LCR in her purse. I tried to talk her into it because I really feel a non-fanatic gun person is better off with a revolver for CCW just for simplicity. Women think different I guess, what goes in their purse has less to do with protection and more to do with whatever. :D

16. FlBob518

FlBob518 New Member

What holster do you use?

17. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I know what you mean by what you aren't saying. ;)

The .38 round seem a lot better for a bunch of reasons over the .380. Even if she is uncomfortable with +p, the LCR at least has that capability if I want to carry it some day.

I'm not slamming the LCP, though. It fills a really important niche and has seemed to electrify that market! Sorry about the hijack!

18. FlBob518

FlBob518 New Member

I don't see a hijack, I've learned a lot... and that is what counts!

19. FlBob518

FlBob518 New Member

Canebrake - get her a laser, after 50 rounds at the range, she will love you forever! WARNING: It is a bit embarrassing when you shoot with a laser at an indoor range, it looks like you have serious nerve problems.

20. raveneap

raveneap New Member

Bought my LCP about 4 mos ago. Trigger pull is a little long but no problem to get used to it. All in all it's a great "mouse gun" and is backed by Ruger who are noted for the toughness of their weapons. I bought a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster from Midway ($24.92 including S/H and their spec. handling charge of $3.00 for orders under $25.00). It was advertised as "non slip " material. I was a bit skeptical but found it to be true. Slips in your pocket and when you draw the gun, the holster stays in place. Have to say I'm totally satisfied with both the holster and the gun